Sleepless(Human Au)

Nightmare POV

Gotta keep up. I won't go to sleep.. I don't want to.. I'm not gonna..

I took a sip of coffee then gently place it on the floor. I was sitting on the floor next to my bed. A blanket was covering me to keep me warm from the cold. The coffee helped me stay up from the sleep terrors I had.

Being the king of nightmare's isn't the best thing. It's not because that I'm always seen as the bad guy or the villain stuff everyone says. It's the constant nightmares I have that no one can endure, but me.

I only sleep twice or three times a month.

Narrator POV

Nightmare was always having dreams that terrified him. It started after the apple incident. Somniphobia or what others say is having the fear of sleep. The lack of sleep made him cause more stress. He would space out on random occasions or important moments like in a battle.

The clock strikes eight and it was now morning. The sun began to rise up and show signs of light from the holes of his curtains. No one had known of this secret, but him for centuries. He wished someone had known of this. He wished someone would help him with this.

His droopy eyes blink and look at sunlight piercing. A smile creeped onto his face. The sun made him happy that he pass yet another night. His body tired and the hallucination from the dark corners looked at him. It made him fear, but he kept it hidden.

The messy hair of his was sticking out. He walked out of his room, leaving the mess and just carried a brush to fix his hair. Walking pass the doors of his subjects while brushing his hair. The sentence that was given to him repeatedly at every last moment of his dreams was "Don't ever come back" He swallowed those words.

He stood at the kitchen and turned on the coffee maker. The noise that it made and the light of the sun passing through the window made him calm. Nightmare was now calm and tired from the sleepless night of being scared and panic.

"Ey nightmare! You still look tired and grumpy as always.. How are you?" Nightmare turned around and saw a floating tall man in front of him. "Shut up" He mumbled to him. "Aren't you suppose to be with that geno guy?" "Well, we kinda had a fight.. Think he's with outer"  "'Kay then. Now  fuck off"

Reaper just kept bugging him on his studies and reading time. Nightmare began to space out while reading. "You should really go to sleep" Reaper adviced him. Silent was given a silent reply; nightmare just shook his head "No". The eye bags was heavy on him. "You're really pale too. I know you only need negative energy to survive, but you're also using a human body. So you have to feed yourself." It was silent again. Reaper floated to the kitchen and grabbed a slice of bread.

He kept on poking nightmare's mouth with bread until he came to reality. Reaper still kept poking on poking him. When he tried to yell him to stop, but his mouth was stuffed with bread. Nightmare chew the bread to prevent from choking. He successfully hid his tears and the nauseous feeling he had. He tried preventing himself from throwing up.

He stood up and went to his room. Slamming the door close. "Grump face" Reaper ate the other half nightmare didn't eat. Why won't he just sleep? He had an idea and took the coffee maker. Maybe without coffee, he'll have more sleep.

Reaper actually begged destiny and fate to have someone other than geno that he can touch without killing them. destiny accepted after the three months of begging from reaper. Fate just wanted to be evil and let the person be nightmare. But now, she regretted it because reaper wasn't disappointed.