Ice Cream

Note: Please watch the video above with captions to know the atmosphere of the chapter. You don't have to if you don't want to. It'll just be try to understand then happy then angst.

Do you guys like human Au or not?

Nightmare stood on the chair, his hand on the rope, putting it on his neck. He looked around his room and saw his work space. The board was pull of pins, sticky note, papers, and strings, with a calendar. His table were filled with school books, notebooks, pens, and pencils. The papers were scattered.

Maybe the school work will stop. Maybe he'll be free from school work..

Dust POV

I just laid on my bed, in my room. I remembered a couple words he told me words that I might or might not understand. I closed my eyes and tried to remember.

We sat on a bench while eating ice cream. "Hey.." He called out for me. "If.." He spoke. "Hardships are really hard to swallow.. You know?" I understood the first part, but the 2nd didn't convey into my mind. "But, if I mix ice cream with it, will it help?" I didn't understand.

I opened his eyes back. "What were you trying to say" I asked myself.

Snow fell outside my window. The snowstorm that cancelled the school day was getting hard. But out of all the things.. I'm just really sorry.. I'm sorry nightmare.

Narrator POV

Nightmare walked in the convenient store to buy ice cream. He went to the ice cream section and slid the container open. Picking his selected ice cream, a hand touched his. He looked over to his right and saw one of his classmates. Their gaze was lock to each other. Nightmare popped right away and picked another flavor. He walked away from his classmate and bought the ice cream.

He walked to the park, where the staircase he always sat on stayed. The day was quite normal from the unusual. Nothing weird was happening.. Well.. Except this.

"Hey.. Uhmm.. Nightmare?" A familiar voice spoke to him. "Do you.. wanna swap?" His classmate named by: Dust showed him the Ube flavored ice cream. The one he usually bought. "Su-sure.." He gave the strawberry ice cream to dust and got the Ube flavored. Dust sat next to him and they ate the plastic together. "Can you?" Nightmare looked up to him. "Can you help me with uhh.. Physics homework?" Dust seem to be embarrassed. "Can't you just copy my notes?" Nightmare bit the wooden stick and put his hands in his bag. "Well... No.. Not really.. I won't really understand if I don't learn.. I fell asleep in class and I need to know the stuff so I don't have ask someone again.." Nightmare never really helped some learn. They just asked to copy his notes and that's all. "I guess that makes sense." He stood from his sit and helped dust up. Climbing up the stairs  dust was confused by the action of the other. Is he leaving dust? "Aren't you coming?" Oh! He wants dust to follow him! But where? They walked and walked. Nightmare and dust eventually put the sticks and plastic in the trash can.

Dust followed nightmare to a house? Wait.. HE'S GONNA HAVE TO- Okay, cool it dust. You don't usually come to other people's house, so they can help you with homework.

They entered the house and nothing out of the unordinary. He put his shoes off and wore some slippers. No one was in the house. He thought nightmare had a brother.. "My parents are out to another country for work. My brother and I live alone." They walked up the stairs to the bed room. "Lucky.." Dust whispered to himself. Dust had to lived with his mother where his house was part of a bar shop.