A Tale of a Dream

Chapter 1: Get one, Lose one

There lived a skeleton. He had a blue buttoned up shirt with short sleeves and a cape hanging by his shoulders to his feet. A darker shade of blue for the pants and yellow boots with white straps. A crown that had ended with a curl in different directions. The gloves were also yellow with yellow straps too. A star button held the cape.

His yellow eye lights and aura were adored by the village. The village were full of kids, adults, and elders. They lived in happiness, but Nim the mother of dream knew that with all the happiness and joy, without the sorrowness that filled this world. It won't have a bright future.

The Goddess of Destiny told the Goddess of Future that she needed another God for the future and balance of this multiverse to not be tipped by having another being of them.

They decided that the god of positivity shall have a sibling of his own.

"On the day of your first son's 10th birthday, you shall give birth to another being. He will be named Nightmare. He will be your new son, an embodiment of negativity, and The God of Negativity." Fate and Destiny told the green haired woman.

Nim gasped and smiled, Dream on the other hand who behind his mother was happy too. He was finally gonna have a younger brother to love and care for.

His 10th birthday came but..

Giving birth to a powerful god like Dream, was a hard and stressful time, but giving birth to the embodiment of negativity to balance out the emotions of the multiverse was harder. And cause of it, it had cost the life of another.

Nim had lost her life from giving birth to her baby. Gain and lost. That's how the balance work.

Dream cried many in his mother's funeral, and after the villagers knowing that she gave birth to the god of negativity, they then blamed Nightmare for the death of Nim. They had blamed a child over something uncontrollable. They had said that he was a curse from the gods. A demon.

For most of his life he had spent all of it, in their house. His brother took care of him. Dream could not afford to get a babysitter for they may harm his and only brother.

Nightmare would read and he had read many books. Most of them took places from the outdoors. Although he  represented negativity and the moon, he grew up loving the sun. He could feel the sun shining on him through the window, but could never feel the breeze from the outside. He would see kids play outside with different kinds of games. He had heard the kids yell "Let's play Hide and seek!" Or "Tag you're it!" Sometimes "Freeze tag!"

Games he had only played with his brother. Though his brother matured and grew tired of the games, but still played them for his brother. Nightmare did not want to play them if Dream did not want to, so he read and played on his own.

"Big brother, you're like the sun. Always beaming brightly." Nightmare said to his Onee-Cha- I-I mean Big Brother. Dream smiled and chuckled at the two sentences. "Well, you're like the moon. It has beauty and elegance in the dark night."

Chapter 2: New surroundings

After fourteen years of living in the village, dream decided. For Nightmare's 3rd birthday, they shall move to a new home and meet new people. Those new people were skeletons too.