Chapter 6; Being injured sucks

Leona Collins' POV

"..What did you say?"
Emma is now glaring at me.

"I said congratulations, Ms. Emma. You're now a senior maid. They appreciated your diligent working and ratting skills. I don't know about working part but I agree with them on the second part. You're very amazing at being a rat"

From my words alone, the maids can already guess what happens.

Right, this bitch ratted me out for treating Vera's injuries.

I was aware of the pathetic and childish orders those woman who likes to call themselves a 'senior', made. So instead of helping directly, I woke her up secretly at night and tried to coean her wound. With my experience as a nurse treating wounds were possible and I was sure I'd do a better job than anyone else here.

Additionally it was mostly because I had no choice, as it will be troublesome if Vera were to get sick. Then the head maid will definitely push that role into me as the Emperor's personal maid.

But because of this two faced bitch named Emma, I was scolded by those stinking woman for hours and was spanked by a cane on my legs for thirty times each.

It hurts like hell so I'm actually quite pissed.

"I think you got the wrong person.. I really didn't rat you out"

She awkwardly smiled, as if she was troubled by my actions.

"Oh really? But I clearly heard them talking about how 'royal' you were last five months. Of course someone like you deserve such nice position, along with those people who used to scold your friends and yourself. Right Lynda?"

I turned to the woman who's already sitting on her bed as she stared at Emma with a pained expression.

It has been only three days since I got here but I know Lynda has a bad relationship with the senior maids. At the same time the seniors also don't mess with Lynda as if they're being careful around her. Considering the time she spent working in the palace, I know she has some connections and influences among the servants.

Noticing the attention was now shifted on her, Lynda started talking.

"Were you really planning to become a senior maid?"

Unlike what I expected, she asked very calmly. She was neither hurt or angry, she just asked in a very normal way.

Emma on the other hand visibly shivered.

"B-but..I only told them because she was disobeying the rules. I mean.. she's from Eskar! She has to be taught strictly about the rules of the palace. I didn't know they'd make me the senior maid! I swear I really didn't know! Even if I become a senior maid we can still be friends right?"

Emma's expression and way of begging for forgiveness after basically betraying a comrade over reputation was truly unsightly. She's not even considering about rejecting the proposal.

Lynda on the other hand smiled very coldly, her glare almost burning the other woman.

"What're you talking about Emma? When did I say we were friends?"

"W-what?"

A dark chuckle escaped from Lynda. She was being very scary, enough to scare everyone in the room including myself.

"I only took a pity on you because you were too pathetic to even wipe the damn floor properly. You were the one who continued to clinge onto me afterwards like a lost little puppy. So don't even think of addressing me as your friend. Don't ask for forgiveness. Don't cry. To be honest it's very disgusting"