Chapter 25; Happy news of the day

Leona Collins' POV

"Gather all the servants on the second main hall immediately. Summon the knights and go notice his majesty about the current situation"

"But Ms. Collins, she's just a servant.."

"Do I have to repeat myself? Oh right, call Mr. Oscar on your way as well. I'd like to have a word with him"

"Y-yes, I understand"

The unknown butler quickly ran off.

A sigh of annoyance escaped me as I turned to Vera.

She seems to be on verge of losing her conscious. No, I think it's safe to say she's in middle of hallucinations due to the fewer of her wound.

'Vera Hildegard has been attacked by an assassin'

It just happened to be the first news I had to hear after returning from my refreshing outing.

Seeing how Vera is still alive, the culprit has to be someone inexperienced, probably one of the servants. The other side must've thought Vera as nothing but an incompetent fool, thus resulting them to dispose of her in such a reckless manner.

It's actually illogical to report the death of a normal servant directly to the emperor but considering Vera's position it's worth telling.

Additionally the culprit can be another spy. It's better to identify them as fast as possible.

"Hic, hic.. It's all my fault that Vera ended up like this.."

Hearing a soft mumble next to me, I turned to Ashley. She seems to be going through some sort of character development.

Ashley said that Vera was stabbed because she defended her. The girl thinks it was her who was supposed to be attacked and I didn't even bother to correct her. Ashley really needs some character development.

Seeing these two, I feel like I don't need to worry much. In the first place, Vera wasn't even injured severely to begin with. She's only having a fewer due to the weapon that was used to harm her having a poison on it. It might take several months but at least she'd live.

"It can't be helped. She has been attacked with a poisoned weapon after all. Unless we summon high priest, it'll be difficult for her to recover. We can only seek justice in the meantime"

It was my pathetic attempt of calming her down, which seemed to worsen her mood instead of improving it.

Ashley stared blankly towards Vera for several minute before murmuring something.

"In that case..."

She reached out her hand on Vera's wound, just like how a priest would do and started chanting.

"Ashley?"

Is she perhaps...

Swoooosh!

Before I could question what was happening, a bright light covered the entire room as I felt all of my fatigue vanish within blink of an eye.

"Here comes his highness, the sun of the empire"

Hearing the loud voice of the announcer, I snapped back from my daze and rushed to cover Ashley, who was glowing in all direction.

Click!

Unfortunately I was too late as I saw the familiar face enter with a slightly amused grin.

"Fufu.. what a magnificent amount of divine power"

I hear him chuckle in a very very dark tone, as if he just won a lottery. I wanted to hide Ashley as much as possible but she seems to be under some sort of hypnosis and won't stop emitting the strange white light.