Chapter 23; Before the outing

Narrator's POV

"YOUR MAJESTY!!! Please show mercy! This child is really of royal bloodline..."

Christian (the emperor) couldn't stand the noisy man anymore as he signaled Claude.
"Shut him up"

Kwack!!!

The aide mercilessly slammed the man's head on the ground, making him scream in pain. Even with his head down, he just couldn't stop trembling from the intimidating aura of the emperor.

"I know my father has spread his seeds to many people I didn't expect it to be this many. Like a bunch of bugs, the number just keeps on increasing no matter how much I step on them"

Christian was extremely annoyed by the fact that he had to cancel the hunt just because of such simple matter. But Claude also can't possibly decide on his own and execute the royal member so there was just no helping.

"You—" the blonde haired boy next to the man stiffened as he was called out. "—Tell me one reason not to kill you"

The blonde haired boy's name is Accius. Until a week ago he was simply living in an orphanage of a secluded village, dreaming of entering the capital. But he never wanted to enter the capital as a prince, someone who's related to the famous tyrant emperor.

His hands were tied behind his back and he was forced to kneel on the cold floor. The knights surrounding the big hall looked extremely terrifying, though their aura was nowhere near to the emperor's.

'I'm so done for..'

"Y-your majesty, I've a family back at home. It was never my intention to come here! I promise, I didn't even know I was a prince— Actually I'm not even sure if someone like me is from Royal lineage... We can do a blood test or something like that first and prove it right? Just because I've red eyes doesn't mean I'm a royal..." Accuis chuckled awkwardly to ease the tense atmosphere, making the emperor frown even more.

Yep, he definitely screwed up.

His body couldn't stop shaking from fear, especially after seeing the other nobleman who brought him here, bleeding from his head and suddenly stopped moving as if he was dead. It's only natural since his skull was literally smashed on the floor.

"So you're saying that I mustn't kill you because you might not be of a royal lineage? Then what're you gonna do if you really are?"

The tyrant who even killed the newborn baby won't have many reason to kill someone like Accius. Currently his brain was searching for countless ways to survive.

"T-then I can work here as a servant!"

"...."

Everyone inside the hall gave him a 'are u serious?' look as Accius continued to explain.

"I'll prove that I've absolutely zero desire for the throne. If I work here then other nobles won't approach me either. It's a win-win situation for both of us!!"

Accius' eyes were shining with hope. He didn't like the village that much anyway and working at the capital was his dream. If he becomes one of those cool butlers that looks like a sculpture, his dream will come true.

'Being a prince also sounds cool but my life comes first'

The emperor, who didn't even spare his own father would definitely kill him even before he could be acknowledged as one.

"You're a weird kid"

Seeing the emperor laughing at him made Accius both mad and relieved at the same time.