Chapter 28; Screwed

A/n; so I said it on my profile but I'll say it again here. I caught corona and is still recovering but my condition is much better now. Hope you didn't forget the story. The chapter wasn't edited properly so I apologize for that.

Enjoy:)

Leona Collins' POV

I f*cked up. That was so embarrassing!

Out of all the excuses I could've made, I just happened to ask the freaking emperor of this empire on a date!

I wasn't thinking straight when I dashed into his room even though I don't even have the right to be angry at him for deceiving me. Following the tradition of elves, I was supposed to be his fiancée within a month. Fortunately I'm not crazy enough to smile happily and 'live happily ever after' with that crazy maniac.

Of course his appearance is beyond human and he looks handsome when smiling but that's it.

By following the rules of the cliches, I can become an empress even if I'm a commoner. There're several cases similar to mine in history and other countries but remaining as the sole lover of the emperor is questionable. He'd definitely have to take in concubines and at that time I'll have to fight over a man I don't even know if I love him or not.

Furthermore there has to be some nobles who'd hate me. I'd look like a stupid commoner that crawled her way to the top by shaking my hips.

I don't give a damn about other people's opinion but what will my mother think of me? I'm sure she'll be disappointed in me for marrying into royal family because of my father's bloodline. No matter how much I claimed to love him (which I don't) people will still see me as woman who married for the empress seat.

If I was going to be powerful through marriage, I'd have done that long time ago with some male lead candidate, but of lower position like Baron.

There're too many reasons why I mustn't even think about loving him. However my mouth and body didn't move as I wanted when I directly faced him.

I stupidly talked in roundabout ways instead of rejecting him directly and now he thinks he has a chance. To put it simply, I'm literally playing with his feelings.

But when I looked into his eyes, he seemed a bit more humane. Before those red orbs always looked empty. Seeing him so lively and excited reminded of those street children from district 4, that always ran towards me happily whenever I go to visit them.

Perhaps he was also a person who was seeking affection like those lonely street children and found my presence comfortable.

It's only natural. I was with him almost 16 hours a day and we always spoke to each other casually as it was troublesome to use formalities all the time. I did every chores and even took care of his well being, only because it was my job. So he might've mistook those for something else, and thought he liked me.

Thus I reached a conclusion, I'll make him realize that his current feeling towards me isn't love. Truthfully I know nothing about love between man and woman so I don't know if I'm right or wrong. Nonetheless I decided to carry out my plan, in hopes to separate myself from the terrifyingly powerful yet dangerous empress position.

I mean, look at me. No matter who sees me, they won't be left with much impression. On the other hand Chris is the perfect male lead candidate. The type that's supposed to be ruthless before the female lead appears and soothes him, so that he'll soften and become a normal human being.

So did Christian soften? Like hell. He directly killed several people in front of me (even though they were sinners, he didn't even bother to hold a trial) and even forced me watch a man being tortured on the first day of my job. I still hold the grudge of being stepped on my head the other day too. If those are his soft sides then it's better to end everything with him right at this instant.