Chapter 24; Outside the palace

Leona Collins' POV

I was excited to explore the large and beautiful capital. But my dream was taken away by certain man.

"Leona! Take a look! You should buy it since it matches your skin well"

"Leona, isn't this hair tie look super cute?"

"Leona look! This dress.."

"Leona...."

"Sir Halton. If you say my name one more time, I'm seriously going to hit you"

The vice-commander that was assigned by the emperor was like a curious five year old. It's actually hard to think he's the local of this city and I'm the country pumpkin here.

Noticing my discomfort, Halton laughed awkwardly while scratching the back of his head. "Haha, I'm sorry but you dress too plainly for your age. My daughter likes these stuff so I thought you'd be same as her"

Daughter? He looks quite young to have daughter my age though.

"How old is your daughter?"

"9 years old" I thought so

"And I'm 19 years old" 

"So?"

"I'm an adult"

Why is it that I'm always surrounded by idiots without any common sense?

As if not understanding what I meant, the large man tilted his head in confusion.

"You don't look like one though?"

That was a critical blow.

I was always mistaken as a fifteen years old due to my height. It's good to look young but being misunderstood like this all the time is really troublesome.

"I hate pink, and everything related to word cute. Also the money isn't mine, but the emperor's. We need to buy everything in time and return quickly"

Until now the only thing I wasted money on was food so I never thought of buying things such as hair tie and jewels. But now that I think about it, I also need a clothes to wear on the banquet.

"Then let's enter this store! I heard this one is quite famous!"

This time I agreed because the store had only adult clothes.

As the face of the palace servants, I need to look elegant but as a commoner I mustn't dress up too much. Thus by elimination, I picked a red dress that doesn't have any decoration but had sense of elegance.

But when I wore it, the dress was too big on me.

"Haha.. T-that.. are you planning to wipe the store floor with that? Pfff.. hahahaha"

Halton burst into laughter, making me feel more ashamed than ever. The skirt was way too long that even after I lifted it up, it was still touching the floor.

"Can you fix this dress to my size?"

I turned to the seller who was also trying to hold back a laughter as well but for the sake of market, she quickly put on her business smile and started speaking.

"Of course we can. However instead of shortening the sleeves, how about make it sleeveless and wear long gloves instead?"

Sleeveless dress huh..

"Then make the gloves as long as possible and deliver it to the palace"

"P-palace?! Wait, by chance are you the new head maid, Leona Collins?!"