Chapter 14; What's better for us

"F*ck you Oscar. I'll make you pay someday"

Currently I can't help but let these vulgar words slip out my mouth.

The thing is, the old man Oscar not only kicked me out of his office but didn't even answer my question. How am I supposed to know who the prime minister is without meeting him once? Hell, I don't even know his family emblem or name.

Despite the castle looking gloomy most of the time, there're actually quite a lot of officials coming and leaving here as it's still where every economic issues are discussed. Therefore the pitiful me has to find the goddamn prime minister among all those man walking around looking like penguins. Seriously, do they all have to wear the same boring black suit on white shirt? Nobles sure have different mindset.

I looked around for a carriage once again and sighed helplessly. Lesson learned; I'm gonna memorize all the noble's faces and names today as soon as I return because it's very difficult to find the right penguin from these countless penguins around here. I always wanted to go to the Winter Duchy once to see penguins that was drawn cutely on books but it seems like I can find penguins even from here as well.

Putting the jokes aside, I saw very different thin peng-.. I mean, a man standing alone from the rest as if waiting for someone. He has this weird colored reddish hair and looks obviously younger than the rest of the people.

My hunch is telling me that he's the one and only Prime minister the emperor has actually accepted as someone he trusts. However he has the crest of Household of the Western duchy called Pakenham. I didn't know the Duke of Pakenham was the prime minister or perhaps he can also be the son or a relative.

"Greetings to your grace. I'm here to escort you to his majesty as instructed"

He stared down at me for second as fear crawled into my back. Did I really get the correct one? I don't know.

Again, F*ck you Oscar.

"Who are you? Where's Janet?"

Yesss! He knows Janet which means he's the one! Not many people care about the name of the head maid except from those who come here usually. According to the rumors he is supposed to be the emperor's friend as he visits the palace regularly mostly to kill some time.

A rare human being who comes to the palace to kill time instead of working at his home like the others or sending the reports through letter. After all coming to the palace means meeting the emperor and die. However to me it sounds like he really is the emperor's friend.

"I'm Leona Collins, the new head maid of the palace. Ms. Janet was hospitalized due to her poor health"

"Oh, I see. Where's Chris-.. I mean his majesty?"

He just made a slip of a tongue and called the emperor by his name which confirmed him being the prime minister even more.

"He's waiting's for you in his office. Please follow me"

He walked few steps behind me as we headed towards the third floor, to the office room in awkward silence. While on our way I saw few servants, walking around aimlessly as if they're on vacation.

Great. Only the first day of Ms. Janet's absence and they're already slacking off. After this, I'll definitely put them in their place including dear nice Oscar.

I knocked on the door three times as usual.
The knights outside of his door were standing still like a statue without sparing a glance towards is meaning this person is a usual guest, someone that can be trusted.