Chapter 15; A huge mistake

Leona Collins' POV

Under Gilbert's order, the knights successfully transferred the criminal into the dungeon, bound him by huge chains and prepared many weird tools which I assume for torturing purposes.

He was unconscious when he came here so it didn't cause much problem. Though he was heavily injured, I just left him as it is. As long as he was breathing, it's okay. Maybe he might die before he gets tortured which will be less suffering for the unknown guy.

I was about to call him but the emperor was already standing outside of the dungeon by the time we were ready.

"Your majesty, the preparation is done. May I excuse myself?"

Currently the only odd and unfitting thing in this dark and scary dungeon was none other than me a typical 19 years old maid.

"Send me a coffee on your way"

Fortunately he agreed.

"Yes, your majesty"

He said send me a tea which means I don't have to bring him the tea. I can just send it through his personal maids.

But his personal maids are none other than those two. If they witness the scene of him torturing someone, they might start crying every time they see him which means I've to send it to him personally.

"Helen, where do I get the coffee beans from?"

I asked from the beautiful female protagonist who looked like the only free person in the kitchen. She kindly pointed towards a shelf which was unfortunately out of my reach.

"Gray, please get the coffee beans from there"

"M-me?"

"Is there anyone besides you who can reach there?"

I was in hurry so I acted a bit rude towards the long haired boy but he still got the beans for me. Despite looking weak and timid, he's actually quite tall and intimidating. That's probably the reason why people don't approach him.

I turned to boil a water. However Gray was still standing next to me for some unknown reason.

"Do you have something to say?"

"I-It's.. umm, I just w-wanted to congratulate y-you on your promotion"

Rather than intimidating, he's actually very cute. You don't usually see such a tall and creepy guy congratulating you in such a cute way.

"Thank you. But please don't slack off and go do your job"

"A-ah, okay, s-sorry"

I feel sorry for being cold to him but it'll be troublesome if he develops feeling for me. People like him tends to like every person who showed them slightest bit of kindness. That's probably why he'd often stare at Helen with such a lovesick expression.

Now back to the coffee.

Am I supposed to put sugar or not? Ms. Hannah only taught me about tea. On the letter, Ms. Janet stated that he likes bitter coffee but wouldn't it be too bitter without sugar?