Chapter 19; Serving his majesty (3)

A/n: I messed up Leona's last name on few chapters and I apologize. I already fixed it and Collins is her real surname.

Leona Collins' POV

"How come you look even more tired than before? Didn't I tell you to rest?"

As soon as I arrived back to emperor's office, I was welcomed by his deadly glare and angry tone. Rather than the bloodthirsty monster, he was starting to feel more like a grumpy grandpa.

"My apologies your majesty. Something urgent came up and I had to deal with the servants"

"Are you sure you can work like that?"

"I'll try my best, your majesty"

Why does he even care? Even though I'm tired, I can still fulfill my duties properly. There hasn't been a single time I had failed to do my work due to fatigue for the last few years. After all, just simple mistake can make me jobless.

"The banquet will be held within a month. You'll be very busy from next week so try to take a rest before then"

"I'm a honored your majesty is concerning about this lowly servant. I'll do my best"

His majesty's birthday banquet.

It'll be a grand one where the three kings of kingdom which belong to the empire along with their family and everyone in high society will come and stay for three days. I heard some of the foreign kingdom's represents might visit too. Usually such important matters are handled by the queen or princess but as our emperor is the sole royal family member, those duties are transferred to me.

Seriously, this position is such a pain. I'll have to dress up like a noble too, not as fancy as the real ones but a good one made of material with good quality along with a damn corset.

"I heard a lot about you from Gilbert today. Do you have any interest in swordsmanship?"

That question almost made my heart skip a beat, and brought me back from my thoughts.

Damn bastard, no wonder he was coming from this direction. He told the emperor about teaching me swordsmanship!!

"I've no intention to learn it as I'm nothing but a mere servant girl"

"You're right. A girl like you won't even be able to lift a sword. You'll just die by the snap of a finger. I don't understand what Gilbert saw in you"

Wait, why're you suddenly getting angry?

Snap of a finger? What am I? A bug? Right, I actually forgot that he can use magic. So what he said might be true. He can kill me with it like within one or two seconds.

"What're you standing there for? Start cleaning"

"Pardon?"

"Since you don't like taking rest so much, I give you the permission to clean this room."

"I'll do as you say, your majesty"

Usually it's forbidden to show my back to the emperor, let alone crouch and wipe the floor in his presence.

But since his orders are much more important than the rules, I just got the bucket and a towel and started cleaning. The office was uselessly huge, both walls are a bookshelf with his table in the middle.

When I reached his table, it eventually became harder to decide on whether I should wash the floor underneath his feet or not. If I wash, I might get punished for disturbing his work and if I skip that part, he might scold me for doing my job half-heartedly.