Chapter 10; The training is over

Leona Collins' POV

I observed my legs in the full body mirror of one of the rooms I clean and smiled satisfyingly. Thanks to the ointment it's healing better than I expected without leaving much scar.

Since Hannah started taking 'special' care for me, the stupid trio didn't show up and never messed with me ever again. However under Hannah's watch I worked overtime everyday, learning various type of things such as cooking and cleaning. She also teaches me proper etiquette and ways to brew a tea and iron clothes which I'm absolutely not grateful for. To me who's going to work for only few months, it's unnecessary as I won't work as a maid ever again after this.

Seeing the time, I hurriedly headed towards the servant's dining hall. I promised Ashley and Vera that I'd eat with them today, as that's the only time we see each other.

I return later than everybody else and out of habit, wakes up earlier than everybody else. The news of me being an early bird reached the devil's ear as she ordered me to start working at six am, when everybody else is just waking up.

"Where're you going?"

Speaking of the devil...

Hannah was standing outside of the room with her usual stoic expression on her face.

For a fifty years old woman, she looks twenty years younger than her age and is very tall. Unlike the loud trio, she's a responsible senior maid who fulfills her duty and is very strict. I heard she has also close relationship with Ms. Janet too.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Hannah. I'm going to the dining hall to eat my lunch"

I put on a polite smile on my face, trying not to offend her.

"Then after lunchtime, come meet me in my room. You've only thirteen minutes"

"Yes, ma'am"

Fortunately she let me go. Maybe she's in a good mood today?

But her being in good mood means something bad is about to happen to me. I hope she won't make me take care of the flowers in the greenhouse again. That day was such a pain.

Today is actually quite cold. The huge castle which is made mostly of stones is making the atmosphere feel even colder. I wrapped my arms around myself to keep myself warm, noticing how fat I became since I came here. Before I was a skin and bones and now I'm skin, slightly meat and bones which is a great news for me.

Nonetheless my thoughts have been replaced by another important thing; the spring is coming, meaning mother's birthday is coming near. What should I buy her? A nice clothes? No, she's the type to keep it in her wardrobe fearing it might get dirty. I'll give her something more, something even better, suited for her taste and useful. Something that can make her remind of me whenever she looks at it.

With those things in mind, I took my time as I walked down the long hallway, deep in thought.

I'm not really looking forward to lunchtime but I still have to make sure Ashley and Vera are both mentally stable at some point so that they won't make foolish mistake to get themselves killed. The emperor has been oddly patient with those two so I could only hope for him to be patient with them just for another one month and a week.

When I get to the hall, I searched for the two from the crowd of servants, who're enjoying their free time. It's as loud as usual which is the reason why I don't enjoy being here.

A visible frown appeared on my face when I spotted my two so called friends with the guy I consider as the most annoying person I've ever met. Not only annoying he's a pervert too.