Chapter 17; The palace is full of parasites

Leona Collins' POV

Unlike other parts of the palace, the knight's quarter was livelier than ever, oblivious of the danger that almost killed their emperor.

The disgusting smell of alcohol and cigarettes overwhelmed my senses. I can't help but cover my nose while trying to get through them to get to the next floor, where the Captian stays.

And call it a coincidence or not, I was followed by none other than Gilbert.

He's literally everywhere. I won't forget to report that the butler was staying in the knight's quarter to Mr. Oscar. He may won't be able to punish Gilbert but I'm still gonna humiliate him for being unable to train his butlers.

"Captiaaaaan~ There's another assassin! You're in deep trouble now hehe..."

Despite being completely drunk, he still found his way brought me to the Captian's room. I don't like the usual him but I detest the drunk him even more. He can't even walk straight without my help.

"Excuse me sir, his highness has summoned you to his room instantly. Please follow me"

I stood in front of the door for a moment, waiting for the door to open while trying to push away the annoying drunk head.

"Aww.. you're pushing me away.. it's so sad that you only call me when you meed me. Otherwise you just cast me away and stares at me like I'm a trash.. it hurts Leona. Well, whatever. You won't become my disciple anyway. But still.. I really want to make you a brilliant swordsman..."

What he said is true but I don't feel guilty at all. In the first place he could've just refused me. Also he's a pervert and a crazy man who tries to teach woman a freaking swordsmanship. It's better to keep my distance.

Feeling tired of this guy, I impatiently knocked on the door again. This time the person inside the room responded by opening the door.

There I saw a rather familiar face.

"Leona?"

The messy black hair and large muscular figure.. Without a doubt it's him.
To run into him of all people here.. What're the odds? Seeing him in such a ridiculous place, I bursted into laughter.

"Pff-hahahaha.. You are the Captain of the Royal Knights? What the hell? Never in my life did I expect you to work as a knight of all things, a Royal one at that"

I laughed at him like a madman. Who wouldn't when they saw their shitty uncle wearing the uniform of a honored royal knight? As far as I know he's the biggest liar here. A royal knight? What a bullshit. He even changed his last name into Milton and is obviously lying to the entire empire. How can he be a knight, let alone their captian?

Taunted by my mockery, he immediately grabs the collar of my dress tightly and pulled me towards him in anger. He looked like he was ready to kill me at any moment.

I'll too, if I was him.

"You...! What are you doing here?! Where's Maribel!?"

(A/n: Maribel is her mother's name)

Of course he can't do anything to me.

He's also the biggest coward I've ever seen. It's funny how his personality is so unfit to be knight yet he's their captain. Life sure is full of surprises.

"Somewhere you and your pathetic brother won't find. Oh, my bad. He obviously can't find her since he's dead"

The brother of him I spoke of is my dead father.