Chapter 9; Working 24/7

Leona Collins' POV

"The sheets aren't properly fixed. Also there's a spider web that's hanging from that corner. Clean it again"

Is she a magician? How can she see a spider web that's hanging from the darkest corner of the room?

"Yes, ma'am"

I calmly said and watched the new senior maid that's assigned to train me properly, leave the room.

Out of anger I kicked the empty bucket next to me. I've to clean this damn room again.

It's already way past dinner and I'm still here, cleaning the same room for the third time today. I don't know why this woman called Ms. Hannah is being so harsh on me but I absolutely hate it.

It's been a week since I started working here. The last three days were hell as I worked day and night under the eyes of this devil in disguise.

Anyway, how should I reach that spider web? With my height, unless there's two of me, I won't be able to even see it. Should I just throw a towel?

"Do you want me to help you?"

Ah, I almost forgot about this guy.

"Yes please. And help me wipe the top of the book shelf as well, thank you"

As much as I hate to be near him, it's impossible for me to finish cleaning all by myself when I'm injured. The only person I could turn to was this man since he looked free. It's not like I'm forcing him or anything, he's doing all of this out of free will.

"Will you give me reward for that?"

At this point, I assume that he's trying to use his full charm on me just to get a glimpse of my legs.

"My thighs are already exposed. If you don't like it then you should just leave"

Honestly I don't mind him leaving. But deep down I know he won't leave.

"Fine. Give it to me"

But even with his height, he can't possibly reach the ceiling without the help of the chair. I wanted to see him struggling to keep his balance but contrary to my expectations, the towel flew on it's own towards the corner and cleaned every part of it.

It was my second time seeing magic in person.

Something that only nobles possess. Something that my mother always hated.

When I was young I stupidly wished to possess magic from the shooting starts. Yet I'm still a powerless girl who can't even heal the only person I cherish.

"Hmm, are you amazed with my mana control? If you wish I can also teach you this but under only one condition; you should become my disciple and learn swordsmanship"

Seeing my absentminded state, he smirked towards me. I thought it was a joke at first but his eyes were telling me that he can really teach woman a swordsmanship, to a commoner at that. And magic? Doesn't he not aware that I'm a commoner? There's no way I will be able to learn it.

"Watch your words, sir. Teaching woman a swordsmanship is against the laws. I'll let it slide thinking it was a simple joke but there'll be no next time"

This is a world where woman can't hold any weapons other than kitchen knife. I'll be really beheaded if I become swordsman no, in this case swordswoman.

The fact that I can use a bow is already enough to get me killed. No need to add more secrets.

"But I can really teach you! Don't you know me? I'm Gilbert Hillier, the sword genius! If I beg from the emperor then he'll surely make an exception. And with your figure you'll be the best female swordsman-...."