Problems with the Public

Y/N:

"Newlyweds Y/N Payne and Liam Payne are expecting their first child? Insider tells all.", I read aloud to my husband sitting across the table from me. His face scrunches up in confusion, "Insider?", he asks. I shake my head, we haven't told anyone besides family, the boys, and the record label. My face drops in realization. "The record label.", I say as Liam brings his hand up to his face. I don't know why I didn't expect this in the first place, they treat us better than Syco used to, but it doesn't surprise me that they would do this for press.

"It's fine love, they were bound to find out at some point.", Liam consoles me as he reaches for my hands across the dinning table. I sigh before responding back to him, "I know...I know, I just wish we could've told the world ourselves.". Liam begins to respond, but is quickly cut off by his phone ringing. He answers the call and puts it on speaker. 

"Liam? It's Angie.", I recognize the voice coming through the speaker as Angie Hill, the front desk worker from our record label. "Hey Angie, what can I do for you?", Liam asks the woman on the other side of the phone. She sighs before continuing, "I just wanted to apologize for the news everywhere this morning. I tried to explain to them, but you know how Dan is.", Liam nods before telling her it's okay. We are soon then transferred to Dan's office, the one person I don't want to talk to this morning. 

"Ah the Payne family, how are you both?", Dan asks the both of us. "We're okay, just wondering why certain magazines were published today.", Liam calmly says to him. A nervous chuckle passed through the phone, and explains his reasoning. "You two are just a hot topic right now, we just wanted to keep it that way for awhile.", Dan tries to explain to us.  I sigh before responding to him, "But we didn't want the public to know yet Dan...". A soft laugh comes out of Dan's mouth, which took Liam and I by surprise. "Ahh ah ah...contract.", Dan said before he hung up, leaving Liam and I in silence. 

I stand up from the table, "Y/N just sit down.", Liam says to me, thus causing me to sit back down at the wooden table. "Sorry love...but we need to talk and not just be angry.", he says to me with his signature "puppy dog" eyes.  "This isn't the first time a record label has done us dirty.", I nod to his response, encouraging him to continue. "We need to stand up for ourselves...this can't be another Syco situation.", he says seriously.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liam's phone begins to ring and pulls me out of the movie that we were watching. "Hey mate, what's up?", Liam speaks into the phone. Judging by the way that he is talking, I could tell that it was one of the boys. "That's amazing Lou, and actually really fitting.", Liam responds with a chuckle. I pause the movie to tune into more of the conversation, Liam tells Louis that he'll see him later this week to talk more. 

After hanging up, he turns towards me, "You won't ever believe this...Lou is actually starting his own management company.". My eyes widen, "...We could work under Lou! This is great news.", I say to him. He smiles and places his hand on my stomach before delivering a soft kiss upon my lips. We then return back to our movie. 

(Hello everyone! Sorry for the short chapter, I just needed to get some filler in. And can we talk about Louis starting his own management company!? I am so proud of him and all of his recent accomplishments. The question for you guys this chapter is...Should the Payne baby be a boy or girl? Or should I just put nongendered terms so you can make your own choice? Let me know. Stay safe, and TPWK. Much love- TSE xxx)