New Adventures

[February 11, 2016]

Liam finishes moving the last box from the van into the house, setting it down with the hundreds of others. We both decided to move to California, trying to switch our lives up. He lets out a breath of air, "Oh, love I meant to tell you, Capitol Records called.", he says with excitement. My head turns slightly, causing him to continue. "They want to sign us both on for separate record deals, what do you think?", he asks me as I open the box labeled 'Kitchen'. I pull out a few glass plates before answering, "That sounds great Li, but I don't think solo music would work out for me.". Groaning, Liam picks a heavy box out of the pile, "Y/N it would be like just singing longer versions of your normal solos. Plus the fans call you a powerhouse for reason.", he states to me. I think about his comment for a few minutes while putting random items of our kitchen away. Coming up with a conclusion, I decide to agree with signing on a record deal.

[February 19, 2016]

"It has to be around here somewhere", I say aloud to myself. I begin searching in a random box that found a home in the living room, Liam and I call it "the items with no home" box. Pulling most of the items out, I retrieve a brown journal, the familiar fabric brings back many memories. I make my way over to the piano a few rooms over, taking a seat on the bench in front of it. Flipping through the pages, I find notes scribbled by the boys, random polaroid pictures, and a pressed flower from the first bouquet Liam bought me. A note catches my eye on the top of one of these pages, looking closer at the red ink, I read 'This one- H.S.'. A smile forms onto my face, guess I missed this comment from Harry. Skimming over the lyrics, I decide that this is the one. I send a quick tweet out, letting everyone know that I will be starting an Instagram Live soon. Setting my phone up properly, I make sure that I am in frame.

I do a few warm up exercises before pressing start on the red button. The chat is soon filled with hundreds of fans. "Hello everyone," I speak to the fans, "I thought I would preform one of my old songs for you guys, let me know what you think.". {Ocean Eyes by Billie Eilish} Pressing down on the keys, soft music soon fills my ears and speakers. The lyrics begin flowing out of my mouth, I try to focus on creating the perfect sounds. Singing the last sentence, I finish the song. I look over to the chat, and am unable to read the messages due to the speed that they are coming in. Maybe a solo career wouldn't be too bad. I thank all of the fans and end the livestream. Slow clapping soon fills my ear, I turn around to find a warm pair of brown eyes. "How long have you been their Li?", I ask the man. He smiles and mentions that he ran my direction after hearing the piano start. He then states that we need to record the soon and release it as a single.

A few hours past, and I find out that I am trending on Twitter. The fans are going nuts over the song, most of them are confused about who the song is about. I decide to send out a quick tweet, letting them have what they want. "Todays song is titled "Ocean Eyes" and I wrote it about a blue eyed boy who stole my heart when I first met him on the X-Factor. Our relationship stopped when we became a band, but I'm happy to call him my older brother to this day.", I send the tweet out. Hopefully it was simple enough for them to get. A notification lets me know that Niall actually replied to the tweet, I open my phone to see his response. A laugh comes out of my mouth when I read, "I KNEW IT".

[August 20, 2016]

An annoying alarm wakes me up from my deep slumber, I slowly bring my body out of the warm bed. After going to the bathroom, my nose leads me to the smell of pancakes. Arriving at the kitchen, I am greeted by a flour covered Liam. Giggling I take a seat at the island in the middle of the room, three pancakes are soon put in front of me. "Pancakes for the lady of the day.", Liam says as he kisses the top my head. I thank him and begin to dive into my pancakes. I notice Liam constantly checking his phone, something important probably. "Something wrong Li?", I ask towards him causing his eyes to go wide. He smiles, "Well I was going to wait, but I bought you a gift for tonight.", he says. Liam takes a seat next to me and pulls a small rectangle box from his shorts. I look at him strangely before opening the box, revealing a locket. "I know its not the exact same, but I thought it was pretty close.", he says as tears fill my eyes. Opening the locket I see the same photo of my grandma that was in my old locket. "Its perfect Liam.", I thank him while hugging him tightly. He soon makes his way to the front door, "Well," he says smiling, "I did have some help.". The door opens, and my parents swiftly walk in, we all form into a group hug.