CHAPTER ONE

"You're driving to Mexico in that?" Alexander Fiore points at the jeep parked across the street

     "You're driving to Mexico in that?" Alexander Fiore points at the jeep parked across the street. Venus had always been honest with her father, which is why she had told him the truth about everything that had happened in the past few weeks since they got rid of the nogitsune.

     "Would you rather I ride behind Isaac on his bike?" his daughter sends him an incredibly sarcastic smile, making the mentioned boy snort from where he was sat on their porch swing. The older man rolls his eyes at the two teens in front of him, his patience had been quickly dwindling ever since Isaac had moved into their home. The two of them combined were always causing some kind of raucous around the house, he would never admit it to them of course, but he loved having Isaac around.

Alexander looks between them with raised eyebrows. "Why don't the two of you just take your car?"

"Dad I drive a toyota, it's like you want me to get my wheels stuck in the sand."

"Come on, Alex, live a little!" Isaac gets up, putting his hand on the mans shoulder.

"Dad, Alina knows we're coming, okay? She'll be there if we need her. We'll be fine."

"You know that's not what I'm worried about."

"I know, but we're all gonna be together. We'll be fine, I promise."

Her father sighs, looking between them. "The two of you have ten seconds to get off this porch before I change my mind."

The two teens look at each other for a second before running inside and grabbing their bags as the older Fiore counts down from the porch. They made it out of the house, Venus presses a quick kiss to her fathers cheek and jumping off the porch the second he reached one, sharing a high five with Isaac. Stiles had been watching the whole exchange with an amused expression from by his car.

"I changed my mind!" Alexander yells from across the street.

Isaac laughs, turning back to the man. "We're off the porch, Alex!"

"Love you dad!"

"Every day's a party at your house huh?" Stiles speaks, entertained, pushing their things in his trunk and making the girl laugh. He stands back, shutting his trunk and turning to look at her.

Stiles places both hands on either side of her waist, pulling her closer. "Good morning." she smiles, pecking his cheek.

Isaac fake gags from behind them. "Let's go, lovebirds we've got a long drive ahead of us."

•••

"I feel like my skin is about to burn off." Venus speaks, squinting her eyes in the blinding sun light. They had reached Mexico a couple hours ago, currently walking through the town to get to the Calaveras.