CHAPTER THREE

Venus was seated in the passenger seat of Stiles' jeep, driving behind Braeden, Isaacs and Scott who were on their bikes

     Venus was seated in the passenger seat of Stiles' jeep, driving behind Braeden, Isaacs and Scott who were on their bikes. She had her head rested against the window, relishing in the sunlight beaming through it. There had been an awkward tension surrounding the group since the Calaveras had let them go, none of them had uttered a word about the revelation of Kate Argent being alive.

"Okay, I'll ask." Malia leans forward, poking her head between the front seats. "Who's Kate Argent?"

Kira clears her throat, putting her hand up as if they were in school. "Uh, I'd like to know too."

"Well, Scott and I were at her funeral." Stiles speaks blankly. "So, I'd like to know how she got out of a casket that was buried six feet underground.

"What if she was never in it?" Venus puts it out there for thought, glancing at the boy sat behind the wheel.

"She was Allison's aunt." Lydia answers Malias previous question, their friends name hanging heavy in the air around them. "And a total sociopath."

"You guys don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Venus softly reminds her two friends, having have known Allison for a lot longer than she had, she knew this wasn't easy for them.

"Um, yes they do!" Malia argues, causing the Nymph to glare at her.

"No, she's right." Stiles sighs. "Kate was the one that set the fire that killed most of Dereks family."

"Some of them survived, though." Lydia continues. "Like Cora and Peter...A very angry Peter."

"He's the one that bit Scott." Venus concludes, gaining a nod from Stiles.

"And was eventually the one that killed Kate." Lydia continues. "Well, at least that's what we thought."

Silence consumes the group for a couple minutes, each of them gathering the newfound information before Kira speaks up again.

"So Kate's a werewolf now?"

"Hypothetically yes." Venus answers, turning in her seat slightly. "But she could also be a multitude of other things. I've never seen it, but supposedly, people can take the shape of the person they really are."

"What kind of shape is a sociopathic bitch?" Lydia retorts.

Venus didn't even get the chance to laugh before the car swerves, the five teens inside attempting to stable themselves as the jeep slid off the side of the dirt road. They could hear bikes coming to a stop ahead of them, everyone climbing out to see what had happened to the car.

"What happened?" Isaac yells, running over to them.

"I don't know. It felt like we hit something." Stiles responds, checking over the car.

"Scott, we need to get there by night." Braeden calls out. "It's too dangerous otherwise."

Stiles looks around them for a second, weighing their options. "Go. We'll figure something out."