CHAPTER NINE

"Woah, are you guys okay?" Kira comes to a halt at the top of the stairs, finding her two friends on the floor looking greatly panicked

     "Woah, are you guys okay?" Kira comes to a halt at the top of the stairs, finding her two friends on the floor looking greatly panicked. The two of them opt out on telling her what really just happened, for Venus herself wasn't quite sure why she was having all these feelings again.

The brunette clears her throat, pushing herself off the ground. "Yeah, we're fine. What're you doing back? Shouldn't you be with Scott?"

"Yeah, about that. Liam kind of broke loose." The Japanese girl grimaces, leading them down the hall. "Scott told me to come find you guys. Where's Lydia?"

The two of them offer no reply, following after the Kitsune as she pushes doors open looking for their friend. They finally find her in a room at the end of the hallway, a bright red record player playing static in front of her as her eyes stared blankly at the wall.

"Lydia, what do you hear?" Venus whispers, the three of them waiting by the door as to not to disturb the Banshee.

Lydia is unmoving for a second before she speaks, her eyes still trained on the wall. "The key. The key to break the code.

"What key?" Stiles asks, seeming to have snapped the girl out of her daze. She tells them to wait in the room while she runs off to grab her laptop, leaving the trio confused. Lydia immediately sits at the desk on the other side of the room as she returns, opening it to reveal multiple levels of code.

"Your math notes?" Kira questions, making Venus scoff from the other side of Lydia.

"Kira, sweetie, if you think that's math, I think we need to have a talk."

"No, these are the notes I gave to Malia." the strawberry blonde retorts.

Stiles lets out a snort at that. "No wonder she's failing."

Lydia ignored the boys remark as the code finishes loading and her fingers start to clack on her keyboard, three pairs of eyes trailing her movements. A box pops up at the end of the page asking her to insert the keyword, her fingers moving again to type a single name: Allison.

Just as she hit enter the code began to morph into proper names and numbers. Venus could feel her heart in her throat as she watched all her friends name pop up on the screen along with her own, numbers popping up next to each one, seemingly deciding a persons value.

"What the hell is this?" Kira leans closer to look at the screen properly from her angle.

"A list of supernaturals in Beacon Hills. It's a deadpool."

"And we're all on it." Venus finishes off, moving away from the laptop. She knew something was right ever since what happened last night, she felt it for gods sake. Stiles' eyes hovered over the list for a second, taking in the fact that all his friends, save Malia, were on it.

"Vee, could this be what you were feeling?"

"I'm pretty sure it is. I felt the whole Walcott family die the other night."

Lydia gets off her chair, moving to the opposite end of the white room. "I'll print it off. I can stay here for the weekend, figure out if there's more."

"I doubt there's only three supernaturals other than us in the entirety of Beacon Hills." Kira worries, her eyes flickering between her friends.

Venus lets out a loud exhale, giving them a sarcastic smile. "Let's not forget you guys reset a literal Beacon for supernatural creatures. There could be a hundred more versions of that list if we're naming all of them."

•••

     Venus was sat in Stiles' room when they got back, he had wanted to know how many deaths she had felt and when exactly they occurred so they could start a timeline. He started all the way from their return from Mexico and moved along to the night at the school with the berserkers till today.

"So if they're using the money from the vault to fund the deadpool, it should add up to a hundred seventeen million." Stiles explains, scribbling down in his detective board. Venus had noticed he had abandoned the pin boards and string, opting for a transparent whiteboard and tape. "So all the large figures would be thousands and the smaller ones are millions."

She stopped pacing behind him, looking over to what he was writing onto the printed off deadpool, placing Ks and Ms next to the numbers, her breath hitching when she realised an M next to the thirty on her name.

"You think I'm worth thirty million?" Venus croaked, her eyes wide as she looked at the list.

"It would make sense." He turns to face her. "You're the only one left in Beacon Hills."

Stiles had to admit, he didn't like that she was the most expensive on the list. It didn't help that his best friend was right after her in price.

"This is insane." She falls back onto his bed, placing her head in her hands with her mind spinning over the boys theories. Stiles lets out a sigh, squatting onto the floor in front of her and gently pulling her hands from her face.

"You're gonna be fine, Vee." he speaks lowly, playing with her fingers. "This whole thing is beyond fucked, but we do what we always do. We look out for each other."

"How am I gonna explain this to my dad?"

"Try explaining it to mine." the boy scoffs, making her laugh. Her phone starts ringing shortly after, her eyebrows furrowing at who would be calling her at one in the morning.

"Hey, Lina." Venus answers, Stiles watching her in confusion.

"Venus, are you home?" The woman speaks frantically from the other end of the line.

"No, why? Alina, what's wrong?"

"You have to get home, you have to speak to your dad. It's Araya."

"What? Lina slow down." Venus stands up from the bed, grabbing her jacket, Stiles watching her with anxiousness.

"She's coming, Vee. She's coming for the Argents and your dad."

Venus stops for a second, thinking back to Mexico when she threatened Scott. She couldn't possibly know about Liam, could she? But why would she need her dad? "What does she want with him?"

"I don't know, kid. But you gotta tell him to be careful, you know how that woman is."

AUTHORS NOTE
i hate this chapter