CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

Merely an hour later, the pack was crowded around Deatons examination table, a white sheet clad body lying across it. Stiles and Theo had found it found on the roof of the hospital while the others were attacked by the Dread Doctors, who were presumably there to collect another failure.

Venus had to hold back a gag when Stiles lifted the sheet off the boys head, whoever killed this kid really wanted him dead. His throat was covered in a great amount of blood, his throat completely ripped out of its place. Scott however couldn't seem to look away from him, recognition registering on his features. 

"Did you know him?" Theo was the one to ask, taking notice of the boys expression as well.

"His name's Josh." the werewolf replied solemnly, gaze unmoving. "He was a junior."

The Nymph didn't miss the small glance her boyfriend shared with Theo, making a mental note to ask about it later as Stiles covered the body again.

Scott takes a few steps backwards, rubbing his face in thought. "Which one did it? The one with the cane?"

More silence, more glances between Stiles and Theo. The tension in the small room seemed to be growing by the second and they could all feel it. Something definitely happened.

"Yeah."

"What are we gonna do with him?" Venus looks between the three boys, thinking back to Tracy. "Last time we left a body here, we lost it."

"We can't just set the alarm and leave." Stiles nods along, agreeing with her. "Someone's gotta stay here with him."

Theo lets his eyes fall across the room for a minute before letting out a sigh. "I'll do it. It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned."

Venus felt Stiles go rigid next to her, not a single cell in his body liked the fact that Theo would stay behind. He didn't trust the new guys, so neither did she. Scott's phone rings in his pocket before anyone had a chance to argue, the shocked expression across his face scaring the three teens across him. 

"What is it?"

"Another one. Another Chimera."

•••

     Liam had lead Hayden back to Scott's house, the girl didn't seem all too pleased about it since she had locked herself in the boys bathroom as soon as she got there. Venus herself had heard of the girl before from the whiny beta himself but she couldn't say she'd ever met her.

Scott's knuckles make contact with his bathroom door, his ears pressed against it to listen for her.  "Hayden? It's Scott. I know that you're scared but we just want to help."

The group was only met with silence from the other side of the door, leaving them stumped. The werewolf turns around, setting his sights on Liam. "I can hear her heart beat, she's really freaked out. What happened?"

Venus could feel the anxiety radiating off of Liam as she places her hand on his shoulder, giving him a sense of comfort as he spoke. "I don't know, she was okay when we got here." the younger boy explains. "I went to text Scott for two seconds and she locked herself in."

"You're sure she's a Chimera?" Stiles questions.

"She said she heard a voice saying your condition improves."

The statement had triggered something in Venus' memory. Dark surroundings, people reaching out to her, animated voices, subject reached. What did that mean? Was it the Dread Doctors reaching for her?

"That's unsettling." Stiles mumbles, dragging the girl out of her thoughts as he approached the door next. "Hayden, it's Stiles. Your sister works with my dad down at the station, just open the door okay? You can trust us."