CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Scott had texted her as soon as she got in her car asking if she could help him study for tomorrow's quiz. Venus and Scott don't usually spend any time alone together so his request had kind of put her off but she made her way to his house after school nonetheless. When she got there, the boy had already gotten his books set up in the dining room patiently waiting for her to get there so they could get started.

They had been going over the textbook for about an hour now, making notes for themselves as they go along of things they needed to remember. Scott had gotten up to grab them some snacks and water when she decided to ask the question that had been eating at her since she got there.

"So, don't get me wrong Scotty," she starts, turning in her chair to look at him. "I'm totally loving this quality time but why'd you ask me to help? Why not Kira or Lydia?"

The boy sighs, shutting the fridge and leaning his back against the counters. "You're the only one who didn't look at me weird when I walked into class today."

Venus furrows her eyebrows at him, thinking it was strange that anyone would do that but then she remembered how Kira and Lydia were exchanging glances.

"I know I haven't had the best track record with my grades but I'm really trying." Scott admits, his gaze shifting to the floor. "I just need a little help sometimes."

The brunette gets up from her seat, making her way over to where he was stood and pulling him into a tight hug. She'd never heard Scott speak so vulnerably in the whole time she's known him and she couldn't help but feel saddened for him. The girl may have been new to the whole friend group thing but she knew he didn't deserve this.

The hug took the McCall boy by surprise, a small smile forming on his lips eventually as he wraps his arms around her. Even though he hadn't known her for long, he'd come to love and care for her as much as he did the rest of his friend. He couldn't have been any happier that his best friend had found someone so amazing to be with.

"You can always come to me." Venus pulls back, her hands still resting on his shoulders. "Whenever you need help with anything, I'll be there in a minute."

Scott gives her a wide smile, feeing immensely grateful. "Thanks, Vee. It really means a lot."

They grab the refreshments and move back to the dining table and start going over their notes once again, Venus explaining a few things to Scott every now and then and the two of them working through things they don't understand together.

A few more hours had passed when they finally decided to take a break, moving onto the living room couch. Venus was sat on one end, a pack of twizlers in her lap while the boy sat on the other end flicking through the TV channels.

"Did you talk to Stiles after he left?" Scott questions the girl, turning to face her.

"Uh, yeah." she replies glumly. "I think he got upset with me though."

Scott sits up straight, his eyebrows furrowed. "What? Why?"

Venus sighs. "Because I told him he shouldn't follow Theo around."

"Wait, he's doing what?"

"I told him he was taking it a bit far and he got upset with me because I said I was with him no matter what. I'm so stupid."

Scott purses his lips, looking at the girl who was now practically talking to herself. He gets up, putting a hand on her shoulder to signal her up. "Come on, we're gonna go find him."

"I don't know if that's a good idea."

"Don't you think he's being a little too paranoid?"

"Honestly, after everything we've been through, everything he's been through, he deserves to be a little skeptical sometimes."