CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Green flashes, people in masks and loud noises

     Green flashes, people in masks and loud noises. Screams and bangs echoed throughout her mind, an animated voice sounding off in the distance. Venus wasn't sure what was happening, she didn't even know where she was neither could she make out what the voices all around her were saying. It was all just a blur. Suddenly, the faces were up in her face, masks that she couldn't clearly make out, heavy breathing and more animated voices.

•••

     Venus sits up with a start, breathing heavily. She felt as though she had just finished running a marathon and her heart was pounding, her forehead covered in sweat and her mind racing with the images that had flitted through her mind. Looking around her, she noticed Lydia and Mrs. Finch to her right, Kira standing right behind them while Theo had been the one to hold her when she fell.

"Venus, are you alright?" the biology teacher question, her eyebrows furrowed with worry. The girl was still trying to regain her breath, not trusting herself to speak just yet she simply nodded at the woman. Lydia and Kira were sharing concerned glances between them, already having a hunch about what had happened to the Nymph.

Theo helped her off the ground, for she wasn't yet stable on her feet. She attempted to shake her head, trying to rid herself of the terrible screams she had heard while she was passed out. Mrs. Finch dismissed the class soon after that, not feeling the need to keep going after the situation.

Lydia held onto Venus tightly as they made their way into the hall, the brunette still feeling greatly disoriented. The three girls made their way down the hall as fast they could in order to meet up with Liam, who had informed Scott of Tracys presence at school. The alpha had sent his girlfriend a text telling her they were going to take the girl to Deaton.

"They went to see if Deaton can figure out what's wrong with her." Liam explains to the girls as soon as they reach him, his gaze lingering worriedly on Venus. "Woah, Vee, you okay?"

"I'm fine." she gives him a grimace of what could've been a smile, trying to ignore the intense pounding in her head but with great failure.

"What's wrong with her is that she killed two people." Lydia reminds the younger boy, her tone sharp. "Her father and according to Parrish, her psychiatrist."

"Isn't there anyone else we can talk to?" Kira cuts in. "Does she still have her mom? Any family?"

"Alpha. If she's a werewolf, she has an alpha, right? Anyone know if a new ones moved into Beacon Hills?"

All three pairs of eyes moved onto Venus expectantly, her blue eyes filling with confusion. "No werewolves have come huffing my house down lately."

The group didn't seem to find her joke amusing, Lydia the only one giving her a reaction through an eye roll before Kira speaks up with something actually useful.