CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Venus had lost count of how many times they had listened to the tape at that point

     Venus had lost count of how many times they had listened to the tape at that point. She had been feeling extremely uneasy the entire time they had been listening to Loraine Martins last words. The group had been crowded around Venus' desk, with Stiles clicking her tape player to rewind it several times. Isaac and Malia had been at the house when they came back and insisted on helping.

"Hold on." Malia exclaims, alarming the other three as she taps Stiles' shoulder. "There it is. Rewind the tape and turn it up."

Stiles does as he's told, the three friends watching Malia intently to figure what she was getting at. "No, I don't think you're gonna be taking me anywhere."
Loraines voice sounds through the bedroom. "I can hear the recorder in your pocket. You're making a tape. Just like you taped the others."

"It's the record player." Malia announces, standing up and successfully confusing everyone else. "The one in the lake house, in the study."

"So she escaped from Eichen house to listen to her record player?" Stiles questions, looking around the group.

"Well, she was like Lydia, wasn't she?"

"Yeah but only once. She predicted Maddys death and spent decades trying to predict something else."

"Okay well what if she did?" Venus thinks out loud, looking up at her boyfriend. "What if Loraine predicted the deadpool? I mean, Lydia heard the first cypher from the same record player."

"Right." Malia pointed to Venus. "What if she predicted all those deaths and she knew there was something in the study that could stop it?"

Stiles grabs his keys, pushing his chair back and pulling Venus up with him. "Then we need to go to the lake house."

"You guys go ahead." Isaac finally speaks. "I need to go meet Scott, the assassins are coming after satomis pack tonight."

Venus and Stiles bid the werewolf goodluck, the latter immediately rushing outside to his jeep while Venus lingers behind for Malia.

"Be careful." the werecoyote speaks quietly, looking directly into Isaacs eyes. "Don't die."

"I'll try not to." the boy teases, picking up his helmet off his bed and making his way down the hall.

"I'm serious." she calls after him, making him turn around to look at her.

He placed his hand on her shoulder. "I promise i'll be fine. You should go."

Isaac pressed a kiss on Malias forehead before leaving through the front door. The were-coyote meets Venus at the bottom of the stairs, not missing the strange look she was giving her.

"So, are you guys okay now?" the brunette asks, looking at Malia from the corner of her eye. However, she only quietly snarls, warning the girl to not talk about it. "I mean, have you forgiven us?"