CHAPTER THIRTEEN

The regular head pounding had returned for Venus

The regular head pounding had returned for Venus. She was certain it had something to do with everything happening at the school but she still wasn't sure why. Her back was rested against one of the walls, her head resting on Stiles shoulder as he played with her finger. Meanwhile, Isaac and Malia were sat on the wall across from them and Scott and Kira were pacing around the small room.

"You know, this is where it all started." Stiles speaks, lifting his attention from Venus' hands. "That's where the money was. Hundred and seventeen million in bearer bonds."

Kira turns her attention to the boy, holding a jar of a strange substance in her hands. "How do you even turn bearer bonds into cash?"

"The bank I guess. They just let it sit here the whole time collecting dust."

"Aren't bearer bonds like extinct?" Venus mumbles, her eyes still closed as she rested against Stiles.

"Does it matter?" Kira exhales, sitting down next to Scott.

Stiles lets out a sigh. "You know how many problems that money can solve?"

"For you?"

"Me, my dad."

Stiles trails off as Venus lifts her head to look at the boy next to her, now resting it against the hard wall behind them.

"The Eichen House and the MRI bills are crushing him." the human boy confesses, Venus giving his hands a gentle squeeze.

"Mom does this thing." Scott speaks up. "She writes down all the items in our budget, how much they cost. Then she adds it all up and figures out how long we have until...we lose the house."

Venus could see Isaac looking at Scott guiltily from the corner of his eye, obviously thinking that he had only made matters worse for the family for the short while that he lived with them. She finally understood why the boy had requested to stay with her instead.

None of them were sure how long they were down there for, but Venus knew that at some point people began looking for them and they would eventually lose fresh air. She could barely see straight at that point, the pain in her head growing unbearable.

The Nymph was doing a lot better than her friends though, Malia was barely even conscious, heavy breaths leaving her lips. Scott and Isaac on the other hand had began bleeding from their nails, still having no control over their shift.

Stiles had left her side a few minutes ago to speak to Scott by the door, the werewolf attempting to listen to what was happening upstairs.

"Someone's gonna have to go up there soon." Scott states, the search party upstairs clearly getting closer. They two of them come to the conclusion of Stiles going since it wasn't affecting him as much as the others.

Venus stands up, walking closer to the boys. "I'll come with you."

"Vee, you're still sick." Stiles argues, but the girl shakes her head firmly.