CHAPTER SIXTEEN

No one had seen Venus for the entirety of the following day, not even Stiles since she was gone before he even woke up

     No one had seen Venus for the entirety of the following day, not even Stiles since she was gone before he even woke up. She had turned off her phone for the day, deciding she needed some time to herself. Her boyfriends spent the morning debating with Isaac on whether or not they should go looking for her, coming to the decision they should let her be for now.

Lydia had come to Stiles' house that day informing him and Isaac of what she had found at the lake house. Apparently her grandmother had left her a fourth code to crack and she needed their help working it out.

While the three of them ventured to Eichen House, Venus had found herself at her mothers tree in the woods. Last time she was there, she could hear Willow trying to communicate with her and the younger Fiore needed to let out what she had been feeling for the past couple days.

She laid under the shade of Willows tree, a few tears slipping her eyes as she remembered her mother. "I'm trying to understand, I really am, but it doesn't make sense."

Naturally, there was no response. There was no one around this area except for her, which she counted as a good thing at this time. Venus had spent the next few hours just letting out all her frustration, as if her mother was actually there and listening.

"I would've understood if you'd just said the truth." Venus whimpers. "If you'd just told me what you really wanted we could've avoided all of this. I've always listened to you, mom."

She sits up, wiping the tears that had flowed onto her ears from her lying position. Sniffling, she crosses her legs and turns her body so she's looking at the tree. "I miss you so much, mom."

In all truthfulness, Venus had thought for a while that she had moved past her mothers death. Of course she'd miss her from time to time but it wasn't as bad as it was when it first happened. This whole situation though seemed to be ripping open a fresh wound.

It was nearing sunset when she decided to head back and see Stiles, she felt bad for leaving him that morning with no word. However, upon reaching their street, she quickly notices that the jeep isn't there and send him a text asking where he is. Entering her own house, she realizes Isaac and her dad weren't home either.

Venus let's out a sigh. First Malia goes missing and then she does. The brunette was unsure of how she would explain herself to her friends or how to apologise to Stiles, let alone how she would manage o speak to her father again.

Hello, the bonfire!

She pulls her keys back out, getting in her car and making her way to the high school. All throughout her drive, she had a feeling something was wrong and knowing the packs luck it was probably another assassin.

The last place she wanted to be right now was at school watching a bunch of sweaty teenagers drunkenly dance around a raging fire. Who thought this was even remotely safe? Pushing her way through the mass of teens, she keeps a keen eye out for any of her friends.