CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Venus walks into the school the next morning with Isaac, her eyes immediately searching the halls for Stiles

     Venus walks into the school the next morning with Isaac, her eyes immediately searching the halls for Stiles. A few paces ahead of them Malia was showing Lydia the book they had come across yesterday. Apparently the werecoyote had read the whole book last night and it doesn't have an ending, her theory is that they're living the rest of it.

She had tried doing a little research last night with Isaac about the author or anything related to the books but it was as if it doesn't even exist. So while Scott and Kira had gone off to make copies of the book, Venus had made it her task to find Stiles. She hadn't heard anything from his since he texted her and there was a gut feeling she just couldn't shake.

A flood relief washes over her as she finally spots the Stilinski boy making his way through the door and to his locker. Venus had never moved so fast in her life, meeting him halfway and wrapping her arms around him tightly.

"Thank God you're okay." she breathes against his shirt, the boys brows furrowing as he tried to hold back his flinch, yet she noticed, wrapping his arms around her gently.

He musters his best smile as he draws back from her to open his locker. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I, uh, felt something last night." she speaks quietly yet her statement sounded loudly in Stiles' ears. "Someone died last night and you weren't responding to any of my calls or texts and my mind immediately went to the worst case scenario, I-"

"Woah, hey, slow down." Stiles grabs her face in his palms. "I'm right here, okay? Nothing happened, I'm sorry I didn't answer."

"I was being paranoid, if I'm being honest."

"No, you're not. You're being perfectly reasonable." placing a gentle kiss on her forehead, he turns back to his locker, feeling a pit of guilt growing in his stomach. Unbeknownst to him, Venus could feel the negative energy radiating off his aura.

She places a hand on his arm as he shuts his locker. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes, I'm just feeling a little sick." Stiles pulls her in for a short kiss. "I'll see you after class, okay? I love you."

She didn't even get the chance to say it back before he was halfway down the hallway. Shaking it off, she meets with Lydia and Malia to make their way to math class.

•••

     Gabriel Valack. A name Venus had heard before from Deaton. A psychopath 'scientist' who drilled a whole in his own head to enhance his human abilities. The girl had never heard anything as gruesome as that, slightly worrying her of their coming trip to Eichen house.

Stiles had kept his word and met up with her at the front of the school at the end of their day. The pack had made the decision to go to Eichen House tonight, but for some reason Venus was determined to know, Stiles wasn't there to hear any of it.