CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

Stiles and Scott had somehow managed to get Finstock to come back. Apparently the man had been fake relapsing for the past seven months to stay in rehab, something about being too scared of her tying another arrow to the chest. Once he found out it was a charity game that they needed postponed though, he seemed to have jumped at the idea since he hated them so much.

The pack was sat in one of the classrooms, everyone in their lacrosse uniforms except Venus, Malia and Mason as Scott went over the plan.

"Mason, you know your part." the alpha starts.

"Core, Venus and I break into the Devenford bus and search their shoes." the boy replies almost immediately, nodding his head towards the Nymph.

Malia shuffles from behind him and continues. "I take out the TV vans."

"Right before the whistle coach forfeits the game." Stiles finishes off, their plan seemed solid enough except for the fact that they were looking for one specific pair of shoes that should have blood on them that could've been washed off already.

"Just a thought." Isaac clears his throat, Stiles already groaning at the oncoming negativity. "What if this doesn't work? If we find the Beast instead of the shoes?"

"Right, Scott's still healing from what Theo did to him." his girlfriend nods along from next to him.

Kira shakes her head, looking up at the girl. "No, he's not."

Scott confirms the statement, lifting his shirt up to show everyone his fully healed abdomen. A proud smile on his face as he looked at his friends. "It happened the night we save Lydia and Venus. I healed when we were a pack again."

Venus smiles at the boy. "Well that's something we can use to our advantage."

"The beast doesn't have a pack." Liam agrees. And with one last boost of confidence from Scott, the group starts to make their way into the hallway. Stiles grabbed Venus' arm before she could get too far though.

"Be careful, okay?" he speaks quietly, his eyes leaking with worry for her. Since she had been brought back, he'd practically kept her glued to his side and was quite vocal about her not being in his direct line of sight that night. "I just got you back."

The girl places her hands on his cheeks gently. "I won't be alone, Stiles. And I've got two very reliable daggers in the side of my boot, so don't worry."

"I always worry when it's about you."

She smiles, reaching up and placing her lips on his softly for a few short seconds. That was something she'd done a lot since they saved her, she never kissed him for longer than a few seconds. Part of him wondered if she still thought she was in some sick dream and didn't want to give in too much. Her hands fix his hair, admiring how good he looked in his uniform before they parted ways.

She followed behind Corey and Mason onto the parking lot, spotting the white bus pretty easily. The two teen without super strength were on watch as Corey tried to pry the bus doors open so they could get on. The Chimera eventually opens it with a long clang, making all of them cringe at their lost element of silence.

In the distance they could hear the whistle going and the cheers of the crowd. Guess coach didn't forfeit after all. Corey takes the left side of the bus while Venus goes through the right, the girl cringing as she scouted through sweaty male clothes and shoes. Mason was crossing off the names of the team on his phone as the other two teens confirm there wasn't any blood on the shoes.

"Twenty five pairs of shoes and no blood." Corey huffs as they finish going through the last bag a while later. Venus was left slightly winded, perching herself on one of the seats. Yet another side effect of being kept underground as a lab rat for over a week, she tends to get tired quickly now which is why she left with the task of searching the bus.