CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

It seemed like failure was a running theme in Beacon Hills. The Dread Doctors experiments failing, the pack losing Hayden and Liam that night at the school and Joshs body being taken from the clinic. It felt like the pack couldn't do anything right anymore, all their plans seemed to be coming back to bite them in the ass at the end of the day. To top it all off, Kira had been arrested for homicide.

Scott had went straight to the station as soon as he'd heard. The body was found on his kitchen table with Kiras belt sword going straight through the stomach. Apparently her father had covered for her saying it was his sword, leaving the remaining members of the pack to gather at the McCall household to figure out their next move.

"Hey, is Kira okay?" Stiles questions the McCall boy as soon as he's stepped foot into his home. Scott walked straight past his best friend who was stood in the living room along with Venus, Theo, Isaac and Malia, making his way straight to his room where Mason was with Corey and Lydia.

Venus was the first to move to follow after him, the rest following shortly after. Her eyes widen as she witnesses the scene in his bedroom. Scott was stood in front of Corey, his nails stuck in the back of his neck.

"Don't get too close." Lydia warns the group as they halt by the door. The shock was evident on both of their faces as they watched Coreys expression morph into one of pain.

"What is he doing?" Theo asks, clearly haven't seen anything like this before

Venus sighs before answer his question. "Tapping into Coreys memories, something only alphas do." she stresses, looking over at him and trying to ensure he didn't get any ideas of trying this himself.

"Is it as dangerous as it looks?"

"Probably more." Stiles responds, his eyes not leaving his best friends claws.

"Does anyone know if it's working?"

No one had to answer him though as Scott lets go of the Chimeras neck, Stiles having to grab him before he collapses to the ground.

"Is he okay?" the werewolf pants, leaning onto his dresser.

Corey hadn't taken the actions lightly as he yells. "What the hell did you do to me?"

"You'll be alright."

"There's blood."

"You'll heal."

Stiles neck snaps his direction, almost giving himself whiplash. "Scott-"

"He'll be fine!" the alpha yells, taking the whole group by surprise. It wasn't like him to act so recklessly and carelessly, he knew fully well that he could've killed Corey if he did this wrong yet he did it anyway. "Listen, I think it worked."

"What did you see?" Isaac asks warily, the group watching as Scott picks up a notepad and starts scribbling across it frantically.

"There were tunnels, pipes along the walls. There were these two hugs blue pipes at the entrance, two on both sides."

"Wait a second." Stiles speaks, moving to stand next to Scott. "I know this, I've seen this before. That's one of the tunnels I used to skateboard in. Remember my dad caught me one time and told me to never go back?"

"You used to skateboard?" Venus asks at the same time time as Lydia informs them, "It's the water treatment plant."

The Nymph clears her throat as she notices the dumbfounded looks coming her way. "Right. Sorry."

"That's where we'll find Liam and Hayden." Scott declares, throwing the notepad aside and rushing down the stairs with everyone trailing behind him again.