CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

The tensions were high between the couple as they got back in the Jeep. She wasn't sure where Stiles was driving to but his eyes had kept flitting back to the glove compartment where he had shoved the wrench. Venus wasn't sure if she was supposed to say something, and if she was, then she wasn't sure what he expected her to say. There were no amount of words that would be able to comfort him in this state.

They were barely halfway home when the Jeep started rumbling and smoke began to flow out of the hood and into the car. The air was quickly becoming suffocating, forcing to Stiles to pull over on the side of the door and the duo to exit the car in a hurry. Stiles slams the door harshly, making the girl flinch at his aggressive actions as she tries to expel the smoke from her lungs.

She watches as he moves to the trunk, pulling out his tool box, throwing it onto the street before yanking the hood up. "Stiles." she calls, wanting to calm him in any way possible but he simply ignores her.

His gaze was set on the box of wrenches that rested on his hood, seemingly deep in thought. The girl jumps as he collects the box and throws it further down the road in fury. If she was being completely honest, Venus was scared. She had never seen Stiles this angry before, it was definitely a jarring sight.

The boy seems to forget that she was with him, his rage having momentarily blinded him. All she could do was move away and watch him as he roughly pulls open the passenger side door, yanking the wrench out of the glove compartment. Stiles was aiming to throw if with the rest of his tool box but hesitated for a second.

Never in a million years would she have expected Stiles to harm his precious Jeep, but it seemed the night was full of surprises. His arm reels back then flies forward, the wrench embedding himself in the windshield and sending cracks all the way through it. He stands there looking at the damage, his chest heaving before he places himself down on the sidewalk.

Venus takes a couple cautious steps and sits herself down next to him. Her arms gently wrap around his shoulders, pulling him into her chest as the tears start to escape his eyes. He rests his head against her shoulder and her hands behind to rub the arms of his wet hoodie, trying to give him comfort in any way possible.

"It'll be okay, you can still talk to Scott." she speaks quietly. In all honestly, the girl wasn't sure how this could be fixed, Theo had done a lot of damage to everyone. Judging by how fast he pulled away from her, Stiles seemed to share those same thoughts.

"Stop giving me this false hope." he scoffs, sliding further away from her. "You keep saying everything's gonna be okay but it's not. Everything's falling apart, Vee and you're too caught up in this fantasy and this stupid mother nature act to see it!"

Venus was taken aback by his words, she knew this was just him letting out his anger on her but it still hurt to hear him say that. "It's not false hope, Stiles. He's your best friend, he can't just-"

"Stop taking his side!" his voice rises, catching her off guard yet again.

"Are you dense? How is that taking his side?"

"You have this idea of Scott being the perfect leader, that he's too kind and has a big heart but tonight proved otherwise. Stop trying to defend his actions."

Venus pushes her body off the ground, taking a few steps away away from him. "I'm here with you! Not at the clinic with Scott, who's side do you think I'm on?"

"You're only here because Scott's mad at you too." he stands up too but keeps his distance from her.

"Exactly! Scott's mad at me too because I tried to protect you, because I kept your secret."