CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

Venus was pulled out of the Stiles' want embrace earlier than she would've liked the next morning. As much as they both wanted to stay in his bed all day, they had to find Mason. They pick up Isaac and make their way to Scotts house where the whole pack was meeting. On the way, Isaac had filled her in on how Malias mother was in town and was probably trying to kill him. Fun.

"My dads got an APB out." Stiles explains, leaning onto the kitchen island.

"For a five-foot-eight sixteen year old?" Kira question from next to him.

The boy shrugs. "I recommended nine-foot tall rampaging werewolf."

Venus notices the solemn look on Liams face and roughly nudges her boyfriend in the ribs. It seemed like reminding him to be a little more sensitive was a constant for them.

"It still might not be him." the younger boy argues, obviously defensive over his best friend but quickly backs down after everyone gave him disbelieving looks. Deep down he knew they were right about it being Mason, he just didn't want to accept it yet. "Hayden's at the school looking."

"My dad and Argent are searching through the tunnels again." Venus nods along.

"We can keep checking the woods." Malia adds, referring to herself and Isaac. The two had finally gotten back to being on good terms, something about watching Stiles hold Venus die sparked something in them. The Nymph was flattered obviously, she just wished it hadn't of taken her dying for them to realize it.

Scott walks in, helmet in hand, speaking loudly and startling all of them. "My mom can check all the hospitals in the county. We can find him."

"What happens then?"

"We figure out a way to save him."

"Okay, where else could we look?"

"Let's ask Corey." Scotts arm suddenly shoots out behind him, pulling the aforementioned boy from his where he was blending himself into the scenery.

A look of shock crosses the Chimeras face as he stammers over his words. "Wait, it's not my fault! They took him and I couldn't do anything."

"Who took him?"

"The Dread Doctors."

The name itself had sent shivers down her spine, her whole body almost shaking with fear at their mention. Scott had seemed to make the whole situation worse by going to Theo for help. The idea had infuriated her and she sort of wanted to go along with the alpha just so she could beat the crap out of him.

Alas, her boyfriend was there to stop her and dragged her along to the station to fill in his dad on their crappy plan.

"Still nothing from Scott, Isaac and Liam." Stiles huffs as he makes his way back into his dads office.

Venus slumps against the desk. "I still can't believe this is the plan we're going through with."

"Trust me, I don't like it either."

"But you're trusting Theo anyway?" Noah raised his eyebrows at them. The man knew it was Theo who had taken Venus that night, that he was the reason she almost died. And in the past year he's known her, he's grown increasingly protective over her.

"The guy who sent me to my death? No thank you."

Stiles eyeing warily, still not used to her joking about what she had gone through. "Yeah, not trusting him. Using him."

"And if he's using you?" Noah retorts.

And Venus scoffs. "Oh he definitely is. We'd be stupid to think otherwise."