CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Theo had ended up being the one to find Liam and Hayden and bringing them back safely to Scotts house. But that was all the good news to come out of that night. Somehow, Scotts asthma had returned, Kira had left town again and Stiles' father found out about him being at the library that night, fueling the boys fear of everyone finding out the truth. No one had told his dad about Parrish either, knowing well that he would try to stop him and that seemed to be when the deputy was most dangerous. To put a cherry on top of the whole situation, Malia seemed to have pushed herself away from everyone, even Isaac, leaving the boy to mend his own heart.

The pack had hit a stump. They weren't communicating anymore, they were all hiding their own secrets, their own nightmares and fears. It felt like they were back at square one, searching for bodies and trying to find the Nemeton. Venus' body would have to be stone cold and six feet under before she let anyone perform another ice bath sacrifice. But she knew something was coming.

Venus was sound asleep in Stiles' arms, their legs tangled beneath the sheets, his heartbeat ringing steadily in her ears. The sight was peaceful but the world behind her eyelids was a different story. She was seeing them again, the image of them drawing blood from her younger self stuck in her mind.

The memories seemed to be expanding, almost like she was watching a movie of other people's experiences. It didn't happen often, but when it did it was horrible. The Nymph had yet to tell anyone about any of this, none of them had spoken about their hallucination, each of them clearly fearing what they saw.

In her head, she could see the Dread Doctors, moving around what appeared to be their 'lair' as her boyfriend would put it. Someone was lying across their operating chair, the three doctors moving around with purpose. That's when she heard their distorted voices. Perigee Syzygy.

Her body jolts awake, startling the boy next to her with her movements. A hand was placed on her chest as she tried to catch her breath, even seeing them in her dreams seemed to weaken her body.

"What happened?" Stiles asks worriedly, his voice hoarse with sleep.

Venus simply shakes her head, trying to keep the pain in her chest and he tears at bay. "I'm fine, you can go back to sleep."

"Vee." his voice was gentle, lowering to almost a whisper as he sits up. "Talk to me."

She lets out a huff, wiping her hands down her face and brushing her hair out of her eyes. Without turning back to look at him, she begins explaining. "I keep seeing them. I don't know why but even when they're not physically around me, they still affect me and it...it terrifies me. Even more since my memory of them resurfaced, they did something to me and I don't know why they keep coming to me in my sleep."

"How often does this happen?"

"Not a lot. But when it does, God, it makes me want to die. The pain, it just- it gets too much and it feels like my body can't handle anything anymore."

Stiles was unsure of what to say, he could hear it in her voice how she was trying to hold back her sobs. He did the only thing he could do and pulled her back into his chest, placing soft kisses against her head as her tears soak through his shirt.

"What do you mean they did something to you?" he asks after a few minutes of silence had passed and her body had stopped shaking as much.

Venus sighs, explaining her resurfaced memory to him without lifting her head off his chest. "It feels like we're living a nightmare and now I have to deal with it in my sleep too."

"You know, I have nightmares like that too." he admits, running his finger through her brown locks gently. "When I was...when it was Void in control, I felt trapped in my own head. I remember everything I did, everything he did, to you and to everyone. Sometimes I still see him in my sleep, I relive all of that again. But that's all it is, a dream."