CHAPTER ELEVEN

The front door to the Fiore household had been left ajar upon their arrival after the game

     The front door to the Fiore household had been left ajar upon their arrival after the game. Alexander quickly pushes the two teens behind him, pulling his gun from his waistband, and pushing the door open quietly. Venus and Isaac following behind with their own weapons being daggers and claws. The older Fiore pushes a finger to his lips as he walks into their living room, Venus making her way into the kitchen while Isaac went upstairs.

"There's no one here." Isaac confirms, meeting back with Alex in the main hallway, the two of them frowning when Venus comes in.

"But someone was." She states, holding up a bullet casing marked with a skull.

"Araya."

•••

Venus' father had restricted their movement, claiming that he needed to know where they were at all times of the day. Which Isaac and Venus understood, if he didn't ask them a million and one questions every time they approached the front door. At one point, he wouldn't even let Venus walk to the end of the driveway to take out the trash.

Their home environment was getting suffocating by the minute, which is why when Stiles said he was going down to the station to talk to Parrish, she jumped at the chance to go with him. The two of them had picked up Lydia on the way  since the man seemed to trust her the most, thinking she was psychic or something.

"This is a hitlist?" Parrish looks up at them after a minute, his brows furrowed at why the teen were showing him this.

"We call it a dead pool." Stiles corrects. "Recognize any of the names?"

"Yeah. The Sheriff had me run a bunch of these through the system last night, but we couldn't find any of them."

Lydia sighs, reaching out and filling the paper in the mans hands, showing him his own name at the end of the list. Parrish pushes himself off the desk, slightly pacing around the room.

"Okay, that's kinda terrifying." he states, inspecting the paper further. "What're the numbers?"

"How much people get paid to kill you." Venus grimaces.

"i'm worth five dollars?"

Stiles purses his lips, shoving five fingers up. "Five million."

"I only make forty thousand a year. Maybe I should kill myself."

Venus couldn't help the laugh that escaped her lips. "Honestly, might come with you."

"Don't say that." Stiles smacks her arm, making her put her hands up in defense.

"I don't get it." Parrish interrupts. "Why am I on this?"

"Honestly, that might be a question for another day." Stiles sighs. "Right now, there's another third of that list we gotta crack."