CHAPTER TWELVE

The friend group was stood in a line outside one of the classrooms the next morning, patiently waiting to enter for their exams

The friend group was stood in a line outside one of the classrooms the next morning, patiently waiting to enter for their exams. Venus' body had been overflowing with anxiety, which Malia had so kindly told her to 'stop' doing. The brunette stood between her friends, her head leaning against the lockers.

"Where's Lydia?" Kira asks, looking around for the girl.

"She took it her freshman year." Stiles replies nonchalantly with a shrug.

Malias eyes widened, flickering between her friends. "Does that mean I could've taken it some other time?"

"Malia, you've studied harder than any of us." Isaac places a hand on her shoulder.

"Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good."

"Well." Stiles corrects, his head tilted.

"Well what?"

The boy hesitates, stuttering on his words. "It's do well not good."

"Oh God!" Malia throws her hands in the hair, stomping her feet like a frustrated toddler.

Venus moves towards the girl, placing her hands on both of the werecoyotes arms. "Lia, you're gonna be fine. Remember what I said about ignoring most of what Stiles says? Now's one of those times."

"You...You actually taught her that?" The aforementioned boy questions in disbelief, gaining a simple shrug from Venus.

"Most of what comes of your mouth is spastic bullshit anyway." Isaac scoffs, moving forward with the line as they finally start letting the students in.

"Has he really always been like that?"

Venus let's out a quiet laugh, watching her friends hand in their phones and collect their exam papers, following their actions shortly after. She slips into the seat between Isaac and Stiles, the latter having already broken the first rule of the exam by opening his paper, which the invigilator warns everyone not to do only seconds after.

"This test is two hours and ten minutes. There will be two twenty-five minute critical reading sections, two twenty-five minute math sections and an essay writing portion that will last thirty minutes." The unrecognizable teacher explains from behind his desk before turning to Ms. Martin. "There are supposed to be two teachers monitoring this exam."

"I know." the woman sighs. "It's coach, he's not exactly punctual. Let me just try him again."

She leave the room for a couple minutes before returning and announcing that she couldn't find the man, causing the exam to begin without his presence. Venus had been shading in her answers for all of five minutes before a girl collapses from her chair a few rows over.

Ms. Marring immediately rushes over to Sydney, helping her off the floor and holding her up. "Are you alright?"

"I'm okay. I just got kind of dizzy." The girl replies, holding onto her hand tightly, making Lydias mom grasp it into her hands to look at it.