CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

Stiles was woken by the bright light coming through Venus' windows, his body cold and the space next to him empty

Stiles was woken by the bright light coming through Venus' windows, his body cold and the space next to him empty. He pushes himself into an upright position, his eyes searching the room for the tall brunette, he didn't have to wonder for long though. As he was just about to wander out of her bed, Venus walks into the room with two mugs in her hands.

"Good Morning." she smiles, seating herself next to him and placing the mugs on her nightstand. "You feeling okay?"

Stiles' brows furrowed for a second, memories of last night rushing through his brain. "I don't know. Definitely better now that you know though."

"I'm glad you told me." her eyes watch him as his hand moves instinctively to rub at his shoulder, where she assumed Donovan had bit him. "Do you want me to heal it for you?"

His heads snaps her direction. "You don't have to do that."

"Well yeah, I want to."

The boy gives her a small nod, allowing her to to help him pull his shirt off. Venus internally cringes at the sight, a red patch was evident on his skin, multiple black and blue teeth marks surrounding it. The dried blood made the sight all the more gruesome, clearly he'd hurt it over night. He doesn't move, waiting for her to touch him, to give any sort of reaction. Stiles hadn't clearly seen the wound, but he knew it must look as terrible as it felt.

Her hands place themselves gently on top of the wound, making him hiss. She utters several quiet apologies, focusing all her energies on him. Warmth spread from her finger tips across to his skin, relieving some of his pain already. It doesn't fully heal, but she could tell the majority of the pain was gone as he rolls his shoulder around.

Wrapping her arms around him, she places a gentle kiss on top of his shoulder before resting her head against it. "Better?"

"Much." he smiles back at her. "Thanks, Vee."

She couldn't help the euphoric feeling that suddenly washed over her. His hazel eyes were glimmering in the sunlight, his bare skin gleaming against hers. Venus had never felt so calm and happy in someone's presence, a smile subconsciously taking over her features, confusing the boy who mumbles a quiet 'what' in question.

"I love you." the brunette whispers, her blue eyes looking increasingly lighter than they had the previous night. Stiles couldn't help but think they looked like the shimmering waves of the ocean in the afternoon sun, his heart hammering in his chest for the girl seated behind him.

In a quick motion, he turns to the side, pressing his lips firmly onto hers. It always felt like time stopped whenever his mouth came into contact with her soft lips, the butterflies in their stomach never ceasing. His nose is invaded by her prominent scent of vanilla and coffee, raw emotion flooding all his senses.

They pull apart, the need for air interrupting the meeting of their lips. "I love you." he whispers back, his forehead pressed against hers, hands brushing the apples of her cheeks. In that moment, Stiles knew that she was right. As long as she believed him, he knew he would be okay.