Chapter 31

Kaat

I furiously flung myself down the stairs of Jaces apartment building, listening for the footsteps that would be chasing after me, but I knew that he wouldn't. He was a superstar. He didn't chase after women. Women chased after him.

I chastised myself for actually falling for him and not staying far away. I should have known that after the disastrous party I should have kept away and stuck to my own business. I had neglected Naomi this whole trip, and for what? Nothing! I had gotten nothing out of it! Just a bruised heart and a newly cautious mind. I had been so blinded by Jace's rock star charm that I had neglected to see his fangs.

As I drove away from the dreaded apartment I passed by a news stand and something caught my eye, made my way to the nearest parking space, and walked up.

My heart sank as the picture on the front of the magazines became clearer and clearer. It was a picture of Jace and I together, from the photo shoot. I had this stupid look on my face that made me look like a troll next to Jace who had gotten the modeling part down. There was a yellow circle around my tiny head and a caption that said 'Who Is This Woman? Jace's Significant Other? Turn To Page 52 For More Info!'

I grabbed one and paid the frumpy looking man who was most likely high. I stormed over to my car and locked myself inside before I opened to page 52 of the magazine.

'Jace John's New Woman? Jace John, the 26 year old rock star, was captured in this pose with another model. Jace John has a track record when it comes to dating them, since the previous year he was seen with model, Brooklynn Cartwright. Jace must not have learned his lesson the first time. When we contacted Jace's manager for more details on this mysterious blond, she simply said 'No comment.' But it's not that simple is it? It is rumored that this is the woman Jace was talking about in the interview he had last week. Could she be the woman he has been fawning over and all the girls have been planning to kill? Well, I have to say, she is a gorgeous woman, whoever she may be. Stay tuned! We will be getting an interview with Jace and he will share with us the details!'

I threw the magazine in the passenger seat next to me like it was on fire. I couldn't believe what it had said. Now what was going to happen? Naomi surely saw it. What was I supposed to say to her? That I had been lying to her about this figment of my imagination, Jason Johnson?

'Oh, by the way Nay, the guy I have been hanging out with for the past two weeks has been the mega hot superstar Jace John?'

Yeah that's going to work.

I could see her reaction now. Her eyes would widen and she would get super angry at me for not telling her one of the biggest things to happen to us since our hair for Halloween when I was Marge from the Simpson's and she was Frankenstein's Wife. Then she will be even more mad that I broke up with him.

I put the car into drive and finished my trip back to her apartment. I couldn't really hide the fact that I was dating him for much longer. She has to have seen the magazines. She will demand the reason why I didn't tell her that her best friend was ditching her for the 'mega hotty'. Her words not mine.

I strode up the steps to her place at a snails pace. I didn't want to have this conversation at all, especially after I had just broken up with him.

I rolled my eyes at the thought of all the time I wasted on him. I had wanted to come here, see my best friend, and blow away my cash. Shop on the infamous Rodeo Drive. Instead I fell head over heels for the venomous celebrity, blew off my friend, and now I have to go back home and suffer through my miserable life as the 'Dear Abby' columnist.

I made it to the apartment and started to dig through my purse for the key Nay had given me, but before I could find it, the door swung open to find an irritable Naomi holding up a suspiciously familiar magazine with my face on it.