Chapter 34

Kaat

I was nervous at the sight of Jace standing completely still in front of me. I was worried that he had gotten over me since he had sent the pass. I fretted that I was too late, or that he didn't want to see me and this was all some sort of sick joke, even though I knew that Jace wasn't like that. I still had my doubts.

Jace's jaw dropped only slightly, and my heart twisted. Oh my gosh, I shouldn't have come tonight. It was obviously a mistake. I needed to get out of here, quickly.

"I'm sorry. This is a mistake. I shouldn't have come. I will just get going." I babbled, about ready to brush past him and walk out of the door with only a tiny bit of my dignity left.

Jace sobered up quickly and closed his mouth. But he still didn't say anything. He was completely and utterly speechless at my unannounced appearance.

I quickly walked over to where Jace was standing, conveniently in front of the door. I rushed past his side, my arm swiping against his smooth skin, sending tingles through my body. I was almost out the door. One more step and I would be home free- sort of.

But just as I was about to take my first step into the hallway, a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. I only had time to stabilize myself before Jace's lips came crashing down on mine. He kissed me with a new found passion and I had to remind myself to kiss him back. My brain was going into sensory overload and I couldn't do anything.

Jace teased my bottom lip open with his tongue before I opened my mouth to let him in. I sighed at the familiar feeling. Jace placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him, and I pressed my body against his hard chest. My hands found their way to the nape of his neck and into his soft brown hair. I couldn't believe it was happening.

After all my worrying about Jace not wanting to see me and everything just being some twisted set up of some sort, Jace erased them with the touch of his skin on mine and his lips working wonders along my jaw and to my ear.

"I was worried you wouldn't come. I couldn't stop thinking about you." he whispered, his breath tickling my neck ever so slightly.

I pulled away from him so I could look into his eyes. They were so mesmerizing and I lost my train of thought for a second before remembering what I had been wanting to tell him for the past week.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said any of those things to you. I missed you so much. You don't know how many nights I stayed up thinking about you. I was worried you wouldn't want to see me again, that you had moved on." I said in one breath, taking a deep breath before I was about to begin again. But before I could Jace put his lips to mine.

I forgot about everything and just focused on the amazing feeling of his hands on my hips and his lips on my lips. I was so happy this was happening. It was going much better than what I had imagined, that's for sure.

Jace pulled away from me.

"You have no idea how much I have missed you. I'm so glad you came. And I'm sorry about what happened at my apartment. I just didn't want to see you get stalked by the poparazzi that I have to deal with in my everyday life. It's not fun and I didn't want to expose you to that. But I understand. You want to be able to tell people that you're going out with someone. I just got nervous that it would slip out some way." he gushed.

"I know. I understand that now. And I would like to tell my family about you, if we ever got serious. I wouldn't want to keep it a secret from them-"

"And I wouldn't want you to! I know how important family is to you and I don't want to drive a wedge between you guys."

"But my reaction was really dramatic and stupid. I don't want to be away from you. I really want to be with you and I really do love you too. I was just scared. I was afraid of how fast I was falling in love with you and no matter how much I tried to fight my flight senses, I couldn't. But I do want to be with you. If you'll take me back."