Chapter 5

Kaatlynn

I made my way inside Naomi's apartment, and was blasted with modern-ness. But everything was really cool. She had this couch that looked like a lot of circular cushions that were sown together. I sat on it and it was actually comfortable.

I followed her instructions to the guest bedroom and it matched the rest of the house. The walls were a light pink like her walls in her office and the bed had clean white linens on it. there was a little couch at the end of the bed and a white dresser on the side of the room opposite of the closet. I parked my suitcase and pulled off my suit jacket.

I put my suitcase on the couch and opened it to look for a new top. I found my lime green one and threw it on, the cool fabric feeling heavenly on my hot skin. I put my sunglasses on the top of my head and walked out of the room to explore her kitchen cabinets.

I searched in every cabinet and drawer in the kitchen for some coffee. No such luck. I speedily walked back to my room to find my phone to search for the closest Starbucks. I found a Starbucks just down the street from the building. I could just go grab my coffee and come back to find something else to do.

I memorized the route I was going to take and quickly snatched my purse from the bedside table. I made sure I still had Nay’s keys in my bag and was out the door in a flash.

***

I had been walking down the street for a little while and all the street names were blending together. I was looking up at the signs that were hanging above the doors. None of them matched the Starbucks logo.  I could not figure out which way to go when I ran into a man, knocking my purse to the hard pavement. Everything spilled out and started rolling away.

“Sorry,” I mumbled as the guy mumbled the same thing.

I knelt down as modestly as I could to grab all my stuff before other people stepped all over it. Everything was everywhere! I was snatching things off the sidewalk before people stepped on it, and there were some close calls.

All of a sudden, another set of hands appeared and started picking up my stuff. The hands were a nice tan color and looked strong. There were callous’ on the fingertips.

The hands stretched out to give me my things. I looked up to see the guy who I had bumped into. His large sunglasses were still on and his hood was still over his head. Some of his chocolate brown hair was poking out of the hood. I smiled and said thank you while his face remained impassive. There was a strong breeze that blew his hat off and showed me the rest of his familiar brown hair. He fumbled to put his hood back on but I had already processed who he was. He was Jace John. The infamous rock star, that I didn't like at all.

The one star I didn't like and I had to run into him on the sidewalk. Why couldn't it have been Ryan Gosling or Channing Tatum?

“Are you, Jace-” I started but his hand shot out and covered my mouth. I frowned. 

What was the point of doing this?

“Shh!” he hissed, “Please dont' tell anyone else who I am.”

“Mmm!” I yelled after rolling my eyes.

The force he was using to keep his hand on my mouth was going to topple me over if he kept at it, and that would not be pretty.

“Ok. I’m going to take my hand off your mouth now but you have to promise not to scream my name.”

I tried not to laugh at who he thought I was. Not everyone is a fan.

“I’m going to count to three and I will let you go. One… two… three.” He counted then slowly lifted his hand off my mouth.

I made a big deal of wiping my mouth and looking at him with a tinge of disgust. There was no telling where his hands had been or when the last time it was that he washed them. But the longer I looked at him, the more I started to get this strange sensation. It was like a feeling of- likeness.