Epilogue

Kaat

"Over here!"

"Look this way!"

"Kaat! How does it feel to be married?!"

"Over here!"

The flashes of the cameras were blinding me as I stood on the red carpet of an award show. I couldn't remember what award show it was but I knew why I was here. I was wearing a skin tight, red, ball gown, that was some big designer label. I was also wearing strappy heels, large diamond jewelry, all the make-up I could handle, and a huge smile on my face. The only thing I felt comfortable wearing were my heels. Something I had learned to live in since I had moved here.

I remembered the coaches teachings of making sure not to stop smiling and turn my head every now and again to make sure people got shots of me from all different angles. I changed my pose too. It was uncomfortable standing in one possition for long periods of time. People still called my name, asking for me to look their way or come over and give them an exclusive interview. It was crazy, my life now, but I had learned to adjust all but quickly.

I turned to my right and saw my husband just a little way from me. He was talking to some people in the crowd and signing autographs from what I could tell although with all the lights popping in my face I wasn't quite sure what I was seeing. He turned to look at me and gave me that smile that had captured my heart a year ago. I was still deeply in love with him and my stomach still fluttered from his face, even if it was a little more than butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

I had found out that morning that I was expecting. I was worried. With our hectic lifestyle, I wasn't sure we would be able to handle a baby. It was a lot of work that we would have to do. We would have to figure out what we were going to be doing. But I was excited to tell Jace. I already had it all planned out.

I was going to tell him tonight after he won an award. Tonight would be a never ending night of happiness and surprise. Our life was so perfect. Us being togther was a dream that wouldn't stop, not that I would want it to. Things were happening fast and the old me would be uncomfortable with the huge changes that were taking place. But the new me invites them. I am excited to see where life is headed and where I will be in the next couple of years. Whether it be on the road with Jace and our baby or in a home that is quiet and warm.

"Kaat!" a familiar voice yelled. I smiled at the knowledge that I was able to recognize his voice.

I was still surprised even after all this time of us being together that I had managed to snag the biggest music star since I don't know when. He knew my name and was willing to jump through hoops for me. He had even married me and was willing to spend the rest of his life with me, of all people! The lowly columnist from New York.

"Kaat!" the voice called again.

I looked to my right and saw Jace waving over to me. I strode over to him and he wrapped his arm around my waist once I was close enough. I looked at him with dreamy eyes. The beauty of his face would never lose it's stun.

If you had asked me two years ago where I would see myself today, on a red carpet was not likey to be my answer or on my mind.

Jace looked down at me with the same dreamy look. We smiled at each other and he bent down to give me a peck on the lips, then he put his lips to my ear.

"I love you so much honey." he whispered, his breath tickling my face.

"I love you too, baby." I replied.

"You wanna go inside or do you want to take a couple more pictures?"

"I don't care what we do as long as I'm with you."

He smiled deliciously at me. I made a mental note to show him my appreciation tonight.

"Inside it is, babe."

Jace

I watched as Kaat got into her new mode of posing and smiling for cameras. She looked stunning in her skin tight ball gown. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Shock registered through my mind as I realized for the billionth time that she was my wife now. She was with me forever. I was so excited to spend the rest of my life with her and start a family with her. Everything was more than I could have ever dreamed.

We were at an award show where I was nominated for three awards. A year ago I would have hoped to have won all three, but now, I could care less. I had Kaat and that was all the award that I needed. She was amazing. I was even more in love with her now than I was when we were dating- if that was even possible. She was so supportive of the things that I have been doing with my musical carreer. And true to her promise, I haven't been late to anything since she joined me on the tour nine months ago.

I flashed back to the day we had met. The way she looked in her tight skirt and stilleto's with her blonde hair waving in the wind. Then I flashed back to three months ago as she walked down the small church isle to me standing at the alter. A close- knit group of friends and family sitting in the pews watching us pledge our lives to each other. Life since that day has been nothing but great.

We got along so much better when we were living with each other. Food fights and showers together were a regular occurance if not everyday. My heart warmed at the sight of her in a completely different element and yet she hadn't complained at the lack of privacy she had or the fact that she always had to keep up appearances.

"As long as you're with me, I will do anything." she had told me.

The paparazzi was bombarding us with questions and aching for us to do various things. I hit a block of screaming fans hanging their posters and pens over the line trying to get me to grab one and start scribbling my name. I smiled at them and walked over, getting an even louder response. I scribbled on the posters of my face and made light conversation.

"Will Kaat join you on the stage anytime soon?" one of them asked.

I smiled at the memory of Kaat playing the piano and singing various songs in our living room.

"Maybe. I hope so, but you're going to have to stay tuned." I answered moving to the next panting teen.

After a few signatures, I figured it was probably time that Kaat and I headed into the large auditorium where the award show would take place.

"Kaat!" I yelled over the crowd and shudders of the cameras snapping pictures.

She shifted positions.

"Kaat!" I yelled again hoping this time she heard me.

She looked at me and smiled. Strutting in my direction. She was positively glowing. She looked breath taking and I couldn't stop staring. I had to touch her and make sure she was really here with me. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her close. With her heels on, she was only an inch shorter than me.

I bent down and pressed my lips to her ear to tell her I loved her. She looked at me with a dreamy look and I returned the favor.

"I love you too, baby." she told me.

I screamed in excitement on the inside but kept my cool.

After a brief conversation we grabbed each others hands and made our way to the doors. My life was amazingly perfect and I wouldn't change anything for the world. I had my dream girl and I was about to win an award (fingers crossed).

I looked over at Kaat who was staring at me. She blushed at my catching her and I winked at her, squeezing her hand with reassurance.

The next chapter of our lives together only just beginning.