Chapter 26

Kaat

I was out with Jace for most of the day, just talking and hanging out at the fountain. We tossed a couple coins in and made a wish. I wished that we would be able to stay together even after I went back home to New York. I guess we would see what happens.

When I got back to the house, Naomi was waiting for me.

“So how was your outing with Jason?” she asked.

“It was… different.” I said for lack of a better word.

“Different good right?”

I found her and sat next to her on the couch.

“Yeah.”

“Ok well tell me what all has been going on. I have been dying to hear it.”

I explained everything that had happened between me and Jace from the very beginning. I answered some of her questions that she had, leaving out the details of Jace. I told her about the tattoo, which she deemed ‘sexy’.

“Do you have any pictures of him? I want to see what this man looks like.”

“I don’t have any pictures. I don’t know if you will be able to meet him. You know he is really busy.”

“But not busy enough to see you every moment of the day?” she asked.

“Well, he tries to make time to see me. It just looks like he is always spending time with me.”

“So you are either the best thing that has ever happened to him since the last Batman movie, or he is a stalker. You should be careful. Some of the people who live here are crazy.”

“Trust me, he is no stalker. We are just… you know- falling in love?” I said, not sure of how she would take it.

I know how bad it sounds. We only just met about twelve days ago and now I’m saying that we are falling in love with each other. It sounds like we are moving too fast, but I feel like it is just the right pace. It is slow enough for me to know what is going on, but fast enough to keep my head dizzy for more. Besides, I don’t really have to explain myself to Naomi. I know what is right for me. And even if this thing turns out to be a fling, at least I will have had fun. Some long deserved fun.

“Falling in love? Girl, it sounds like you fell off of the deep end.”

“No, I just know what I want and I really like him. He is probably one of the best things that ever happened to me.”

“Ahem.” she said.

“Next to you of course, you know that.”

“Yeah, I do. But I’m starting to forget now that you’ve been hanging around with the mystery man.”

“He isn’t that much of a mystery. He’s just Jason Johnson, he is the guy who is in control of the landscaping of the park down the street from Jo’s Diner.”

“What all do you know about him though? I mean, do you really know him enough to be falling in love with him?”

“Yes. I do know a lot about him. I know stuff about him that no one else knows.”

“Or he could just be telling you that so that you feel like you’re special and he is just trying to get in your pants.”

“Naomi! That is not what is going on!”

“I am just saying! I am not trying to crush your spirits about this guy; you just need to be on your guard for a little bit longer. You don’t know him well enough to be falling in love with him. I just don’t want to see you get hurt like you got burned by Brad.”

“Thank you for your concern, Nay. You are a really good friend. I still think that I’m making good decisions. But if anything happens, I give you full right to say ‘I told you so’.” I gave Naomi a hug and got up off the couch. “Let’s go shopping. I am going to a party with Jason and I need something that will look good.”

“A party? Are we talking a corporate party or a real Hollywood party?”

“A Hollywood party.”

“Let’s go. Jason has finally gotten more interesting. So whose party is it? Is it a movie star?”

“Something like that.”

Naomi gave me an ecstatic grin and we were off to go find a sexy dress for Lee’s party.