Chapter 16

Jace

Oh. My. Gosh. I just accidentally saw all of Kaat. I mean, damn she was hot and her body was crazy sexy, but it was not intended. The only thing I could think of to do was touch her amazing body and apologize profusely. I decided to go with the latter.

"I am so sorry." I said after Kaat said she would call Jeff, her boss, later.

"Jace, it is seriously ok. I don't really mind. It was just a shock is all." She pardoned.

"Well I should probably go so you can get back to taking your shower." I said pulling my head out of the doorway, my eyes still closed.

"Wait!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah?"

"Um, well, would you like to join me? I mean, you're dirty too and it would conserve water."

I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped at what she just said, but I'm not quite sure. I swallowed hard, past the lump that had formed in my throat. I've taken showers with girls before but it's usually after some sort of sexual activity.

"You can open your eyes. It's fine." Kaat said, her voice breaking my thoughts.

I slowly open them and see her wrapped in one of my towels. She could seriously look good in anything.

"Are you sure? 'Cause you said you didn't want to go any farther because you-" I started.

"We aren't going to do anything, we are just going to take a shower at the same time. Think of it as saving the earth one step at a time." She smiled.

I was convinced by the time she opened her mouth.

"Are you completely sure you want to do this?"

"Well if I'm going to make my being here a regular occurrence then I'm going to have to get used to seeing you- in your birthday suit."

"Yeah but you really want to do it now?" Why couldn't I just stop asking questions and get in the damn shower with her like my body so desperately wanted to?

"Look, Jace, it was just a suggestion, if you don't want to do this then you don't have to." She blushed.

"No, I do want to, I guess I'm just a little shocked at your suggestion."

My body had already moved into the bathroom and had closed the door, before my brain had registered what happened.

"Good. Then I will meet you in the shower." she replied with a mischievous grin.

Kaat spun around and sauntered over to the glass shower door. She peeked over her shoulder as she slowly let the towel drop down her body and to the floor. I gawked at her as she got in the shower and shut the door behind her.

I slowly ripped my shirt off and put it in the sink, while watching Kaats form through the fogged up glass. I peeled the rest of my grimy clothing off while my mind was still trying to process what the hell was happening.

I was a little embarrassed by my being turned on, among other things, while I walked over to the shower and opened the door. As the steam lifted and filtered into the air behind me, Kaat became more and more visible. I stepped in with a shaking leg. My thoughts were like sirens going off right by my ears.

She smiled.

"Glad you could make it."

We both put off the urge to look lower then each others faces. I didn't know what to do! I couldn't think. It was as if my brain had quit and forgot to give me two weeks notice. The only thing my brain managed to leave me was the instruction to kiss her. So I did.