Chapter 22

Kaat

“This is amazing.” I told Jace as I took in the scenery in front of me.

There was a pond right in front of me with a bunch of building materials across the pond where Jace was building a little getaway cabin. Birds were chirping and flying through the air and bubbles were coming up from the pond and breaking from the fish.

I looked back up into Jace’s eyes, a smile splayed on his face.

“Do you want to go for a swim?” he asked.

“Sure.”

Jace plopped me back on the ground.

“Beat you in the water!” he yelled after breaking into a sprint in the direction of the pond.

I laughed. He had no chance. I had the least amount of clothing to take off.

“You forget, I already have my swim suit on.” I yelled, breaking into a sprint also, following the trail of his discarded clothing. I laughed. I only had my strapless sundress to slide off.

“Who needs a swimsuit?” Jace yelled.

I just came up to the pond when I saw Jace running across the deck, buck-naked, and jumping with a ‘woo hoo!’ into the water. My eyes widened at the sight before I laughed at him. I pulled down my sundress and kicked off my flip flops, then waded into the cool water.

Jaces head popped out of the water, some sort of plant attatched to his forehead. He wiped the water from his face and I swam to him.

“I told you I would beat you.” He said enthusiastically.

“You cheated! You got a head start.”

“So! You only had one thing to take off. You should have been faster!”

“Whatever! You still had a head start.”

I turned away from him like the pouty little girl I was.

“Aw, you’re mad at me now?”

“Yes. You’re a cheater.”

“What can I do to make it up to you?”

“Nothing.”

“Are you sure?” he taunted. I could hear him getting closer, so I tried to swim farther away, but he was too quick.

Jace snatched me up in his amrs and started tickling me, making me gasp and laugh at the same time.

“Jace, stop!” I laughed. “Stop! I can’t breathe!”

“Say I’m not a cheater.”

“You’re not!” I gasped.

“You’re not what?”

“You’re not a cheater!” I yelled.

“Now tell me I won.”

“You won! You won! Now stop! Please!”

“Ok, ok. I’m done.” Jace said. His fingers stopped tickling my sides. “But I still want to hold you.”

“Fine. But if you start to tickle me again I will punch you in your beautiful face.”

“You drive a hard bargain, Ms. Kaatlynn Day.”

“Darn right I do.”

I turned around to face, Jace. His arms wrapped around my waist and I draped my arms on top of his shoulders.

“You’re gorgeous.” Jace blurted.

“You don’t look so bad yourself.”

Jace gave me a kiss before moving us back to shore. The water reached his hips before he let go of me.