Chapter 17

Kaatlynn

I draped my arms around Jace’s neck and leaned into his body. I really wanted him. I wanted to go all the way, but there was something that was holding me back. I can’t say what exactly, but there was just something.

Jace placed his hands on my waist.

“Perfect,” I whispered before leaning in to give him a kiss.

When our lips met, there was a zap of electricity sent straight to my head. I spread my lips apart when Jace started to tease it open with his tongue. Our tongues met in the middle, exploring for a while before he broke away to kiss my neck. One of his hands went to my cheek. I leaned into it, and he supported my head as he went in for deeper kisses. I moaned at how good everything felt. My body was aching for more then my mind was letting me do. I placed my fingers under his chin, lifting his lips back to mine.

Once we are kissing on the lips again, I place my one hand on his strong, smooth chest and the other goes to his hip, where the waistband of his jeans usually are. I start to give him pecks all over his chest. Jace’s hand slides down from my waist and to the back of my knee, lifting it up, putting my knee at his waist. I leaned into his body more, feeling every muscle.

Then the inevitable happens; my phone starts to ring. At first I want to ignore it but then I think of how many times Jeff has called me. What if it was an emergency at the office. If it was just Nay then I would definitely let it ring and hop back in the shower, starting where we left off. But I have to see who it is.

“I’m really sorry, it might be important,” I said after breaking away from Jace’s warm and soft lips. He looks a bit disappointed at first. His lips turning into an upside- down smile.

I rush out of the shower, or at least try to. Jace grabs my arm and pulls me back to him to give me one more breath taking kiss. I break away from him and grab the towel that I had dropped on the floor on the way in. I wrapped it around myself before picking up my ringing phone. Sure enough, it was Jeff again.

“Hello?” I answered. I heard Jace start to hum in the background.

“Hello? Kaatlynn?” I thought I heard Jeff say.

“Yeah.”

“It’s Jeff.” No duh!

“Hi.” I wanted this conversation to be over already.

“I’m sorry to be calling on your vacation but I need to know where you put your two articles for the Sunday paper. I cannot find them anywhere.”

“I gave them to Millie. I thought that she would have given them to you already.”

“No she hasn’t but I will go ask her where they are. Thank you, Kaatlynn. Are you in the shower? What is that noise I hear?” Ah, typical nosey Jeff. I swear, being nosey is his forte.

“It’s nothing.” I answer and Jace conveniently turns the water off. “Is that all you needed? I’m kind of busy right now.”

“Oh, why yes. That is all Ms. Kaatlynn. Thank you and have a nice vacation.”

“Thanks. Goodbye.”

“Goodbye.”

I hung up the phone before he could think of something else to ask me. Just in time for Jace to come up behind me and place a kiss on the back of my neck after moving my hair out of the way.

“Everything ok?” he asked me.

“Yeah, everything is fine.”

“Listen, you want to go make a coffee and breakfast run to Jo’s before we have to go our separate ways?”