Chapter 25

Jace

"So? What did you think of Naomi? I did not know that Kaat had such a hot and amazing friend!" Lee practically burst once I shut the car door.

"She's cool. I can't believe she's met Karmin and Cobra Starship. I would kill to meet them." I beamed.

Today had definitely gone better than what I thought it would. At first sight of Kaat, my stomach did a flip flop. My stomach hasn't done that over a girl since I was about 13. I was shocked to find that it really was Kaat that I was going to be having coffee with, I had had my suspicions but I was hoping it wasn't true. I mean, I wanted to see her but this was not the way I would have imagined.

But it definitely went better than I thought it would have. That time we escaped to the bathroom was... it was too heated for words. I wanted her so badly it physically hurt to break away from her. She looked so beautiful with her damp hair, it reminded me of our day on the beach, which made me want to pick up where we left off. Of course where we left off was not very appropriate for the public eye.

"So what were you and Kaat doing in the back hall while Naomi and I were talking?" Lee asked.

"Do you really want to know?"

"Just the overview, I don't need the dirty details."

"We were just catching up."

"With your tongues?"

I willed myself not to choke on the sharp intake of air I consumed. I chuckle awkwardly and look at Lee with a questioning face.

"How did you know?"

"You have to be blind not to see the looks you two were throwing at each other. I could feel the sex all up in the place. You too were playing footsie under the table too. What, did she touch you in your special place and that's what made you practically cough up your lung?" Lee asked with an all knowing air about him.

"How did you know?!" I asked him. It was creepy how he knew what was going on.

"Jace, you're my best friend. It's my job to know." Lee answered with a scary look of seriousness on his face.

"Ok, that's just creepy." I commented before asking my own questions. "You can't honestly tell me that you and Naomi were completely innocent. I know you, it's not how you work."

"Well, I mean, you know. Stuff happened but a bro doesn't kiss and tell." Lee said with pride.

"That's a chick code! Since when did that become part of the bro code?"

"Never, I just wanted to bust your nuts. I held her hand for about three seconds before she blushed and I pulled away and then the kiss on the cheek before we left."

"I think she is the only girl who has actually fought you off before. I like her."

"I do too! That's what makes her different. I don't usually feel this kind of feeling with other girls. She's making it difficult for me. Usually every time a girl plays hard to get, I look for someone else, but with Naomi I don't want to run."

I slapped Lee's back and squeezed his shoulder.

"That's how you know she's worth it." I said.

"So what are your plans after the video shoot?"

"I don't know. I was thinking of calling up Kaat to see if she wanted to hang out, take me up on my dance offer. Why? You got something in mind?"

"Well I was thinking of maybe going clubbing. What do you say? Wanna be my wing man?"