Chapter 13

Kaatlynn

“Do you want to go for a walk?” Jace asked out of the blue.

“Yeah. I would like that.”

I got up from the piano bench and followed him to the closet where he grabbed my coat for me, holding it while I put it on. Jace swiped a baseball cap and some sunglasses off the table in the entrance way and put them on before we walked out. Once on the street, Jace's fingers softly wrapped around mine. I felt myself smile at the warmth of his palm against mine.

We walked down the sidewalk at a leisurely pace and Jace would point out some buildings and places and explain their significance. My own personal tour from a rock star. My head felt light still thinking about the fact that I was walking down the street with Jace John. I had never thought of myself of the fan girl type, especially towards Jace, but tonight I might as well have been one. I sighed and would giggle like a school girl on the outside but on the inside it was a never ending squeal.

Jace stopped walking and I stopped with him, unsure of what was going on. I turned to see what he was doing, giving him a questioning look, he just turned his hat backwards and pulled me over to him. The smile on his perfect face was infectious, and I smiled back at him. I backed up, teasing him, until my back hit the wall behind me. I leaned against it as Jace came closer yet.

He leaned his head closer to mine, and I took off his sunglasses, holding them in my hand as the gap between our lips got smaller and smaller until finally they pressed lightly together. He put his hand on my waist and tugged me towards him, our kiss getting deepening. I put my hand on the back of his warm neck and pulled him towards me too.

His kisses drove me wild. They gave me a mix of excitement and pleasure, and it was hard to breath. His soft lips felt like a cloud as they moved across my skin. My heart sped up with just a touch of his hand and my mind stopped working, my body had taken over for these few minutes.

Jace's hands hugged my waist, and his body pressed against mine, leaving no room for anything to come between us. It was like a dream. I hadn't felt this way in a long time and it was nice to welcome the feeling back.

After a few more kisses and some crude remarks from our apparent audience, I put his sunglasses back on his face and we started walking again. We made it to our destination in a few minutes.

The water was lit up by a few lights and the fountain looked even more gorgeous in the dark. We sat down on our bench and I shivered from the cool air brushing against my bare skin. Jace pulled me close to him, putting his arm around my shoulders and I laid my head on his shoulder, nudging my way into the crook of his neck. He laid his head on top of mine and we sat together for a while, just listening to the noises of the night.

After a few minutes of kissing, we decided to make our way back to his condo, the chilly air affecting both of us.

It was eleven o’ clock by the time we got back to Jace's condo, and I still wasn't thinking about leaving. I sat down on the couch in the living room, watching Jace build a fire in the fire place. Once it was going strong, Jace grabbed the wine bottle and brought it over to refill my wine glass, then his. We sat together in the glow of the fire light. Sometimes we would just sit there and look at each other in the flickering light. His skin seamed even more tan, and his blue eyes turned brown with lack of light.

We talked about nothing, while Jace twisted and played with my hair. Then he started tracing my jaw with his fingertips, sending goose bumps all over my body. I set my glass down just in time for Jace to start tickling my sides. He pulled me onto his lap while I wriggled and laughed.

“Stop it! Stop it! I can’t breath!” I yelled breathless.

“Alright, alright.” he replied after one more tickle on my sides.