Chapter 24

Kaat

"Wakey, wakey, sleepy head!" A voice yelled in my ear.

I flung up from my bed, my eyes wide open, wondering what was going on.

"Good. Now that I have your attention. I can tell you my story. Go take a shower first. And be quick about it. You have ten minutes."

"What? Naomi, you're crazy. Just tell me the story."

"Now you have nine minutes."

I groaned and rolled my eyes, but I got up anyway and rushed to the ensuite bathroom. I quickly showered and came out of the room with a towel wrapped around my waist.

"What's going on?"

"What are you going to wear today? You need to wear something very cute. Do you have a strapless top? and some short shorts and some heels? Maybe even a fedora. Get some urban look on you. I bet you would look good with an urban look." Naomi said from my suitcase, where she was pulling things out and throwing them across the room behind her when they didn't meet her standards.

"Naomi, what are you doing?!" I asked thinking she had gone completely crazy this time.

"What do you think I'm doing. I'm trying to find something for you to wear. Here, put this on." she said tossing a pair of shorts over her shoulder, where they proceded to hit me in the face.

I grabbed them and stared at her, unmoving from my position in the room. Naomi's head snapped around to look at me, staring at her.

"Well go on then, we don't have all day." she shooed me in her British accented voice.

"This isn't even a complete outfit."

"Well here. Now go." she said tossing the rest of my garments at me, again excusing me to go get dressed.

"Naomi, what is going on?"

I went into the bathroom and closed the door slightly, so I could hear Naomi and not have to worry about her seeing me getting dressed.

"So guess what happened to me when you were at the beach with Mr. Johnson."

"What?"

"I ran into Lee Porter. You know, Jace John's best friend. Anyway, we got to talking and I was telling him how we both were fans of Jace and his music, and he invited us to have coffee with him and Jace today."

My mouth dropped and I stood with my pants around my knees in shock.

"You mean we are going to be meeting with the rock star Jace John and his best friend Lee Porter?" I gulped at the fact that this was going to be really awkward. Naomi doesn't know that Jace and I are secretly dating and Lee probably doesn't know that he is supposed to keep us a secret.

"Hey, are you almost finished, we have to meet them at Starbucks in thirty minutes." Naomi asked, impatiently tapping her heel.

"Uh, yeah. Give me one minute and I will be out there."

"Good."

"So where in the world did you run into Lee?"

"He popped into the office one day out if the blue and he saw me, who was looking fabulous that day might I add, and we got to talking. He totally forgot what he came there for and invited you and I to get coffee with him and Jace since we were such big fans. He figured I was discreet since I worked for a big record label."

"That's interesting." I said, finally finishing up in the bathroom and opening the door. "What should I do with my hair?"

"Just leave it like that. There isn't any time to dry it and it looks much sexier when it's wet." Naomi told me after getting up off my bed. "And just an FYI, I call Lee. I love Jace to death but Lee is much more my type. Besides, you and Jace seem to have chemistry, what from you too dancing at the club. I still can't get over how he picked you out from the crowd out of everyone else, I mean you are hot but still, it feels so surreal."