Chapter 35

Jace

Kaat led me up the stairs of her building, pausing here and there to make out with me. It had my senses going wild. I was loving the way she fit in my arms and leaned into me when we kissed. I had missed this kind of contact for weeks while I was sulking over losing her and trying to figure out a way to get her back.

I honestly thought she would think my backstage pass gesture would be rediculously stupid and pitiful. My heart ached every day I didn't get a call or text from her. I was itching to send her a message or call her, but I knew that that was off limits. I needed to wait for her to cool off and see if she would do anything, and second of all I knew that if I called her or texted her I would end up begging, and that's just not cool on any level. No matter if I was a rockstar or not.

Kaat broke away from me to turn and search for the right key to unlock her door. I took the opportunity to begin placing kisses on her neck, brushing her hair out of the way to do so. She shivered under my touch and I loved the effect I was having on her, because she sure was having an effect on me. I couldn't keep my hands off of her for a second, it physically hurt to do so.

Kaat finally unlocked the door and pushed it open to reveal a large apartment. I knew that she did well on her own but not this well.

"Welcome to my house. I know it's nothing compared to yours but, I like it." She introduced me.

"No this is great. No offense, but it's a lot bigger than I thought it would be."

"You know, I actually get that a lot. People think that on a Dear Abby salery I wouldn't be able to afford much, but I do alright on my own." Kaat finished with a smirk.

"Appearantly."

I gaped at the large kitchen to my left and the large living room with a big flat screen t.v. There was a nice tiled enterance that led to a wooden floor that looked like it ran throughout the house. I was definitely impressed by her independence. I understood what Ne-Yo was talking about now.

"Now you see, I would give you the grand tour but I'm just going to skip everything and go straight to the bedroom." Kaat winked.

"You mean you have more than a bedroom in this house?"

"Well right now, no." She answered, then pulled me to her in a rush to press her lips to mine.

I grabbed at her waist and lifted her up newly wed style. She giggled and wrapped her arms lazily around my neck before reaching up adn kissing me with a heated passion I didn't know she had. I almost dropped her because of the shock her kiss had given me, instead I carried her to the bed.

"God, I love you." I whispered in her ear before smashing my lips to hers.

"I love you too." she whispered.

I kissed her lips before painfully pulling away.

"Don't go." she whispered against my lips.

"I have to. I have a plane to catch and my car is here. Trust me, I don't want to. I want to spend the whole day with you in bed, but I have to go. Thousands of people are counting on me to be there tonight."

"I know. I wish you didn't though."

"You and me both, Kaat."

"Well, I will talk to you later. I love you, babe."

"I love you too, Kaaty."

She scrunched up her nose at the sound of her nickname.

"That's like me calling you Jacey- you just don't."

I smiled. "Whatever you say."

"Damn right whatever I say."

"Well I really have to go now. I'm already half an hour late."

"You're always late and what's a couple more minutes? You are standing here with your girlfriend. Gimme a kiss."

"Yes ma'am." I saluted before leaning in ever so slowly to give her a soft kiss on the cheek.

She moaned in agony at the fact that I wasn't kissing her lips. She grabbed my face and planted a hard kiss on my mouth. We didn't pull away from air a couple minutes later, and were breathless at that.

"Ok. As much as I hate to say this-"

"You have to go. I know. Life of a rockstar."

"Yeah. I guess."

We kissed one more time before I turned and headed down her steps to the town car that was waiting to take me to the jet that was on stand-by at the airport. I glanced over my shoulder and saw her wave to me. I lifted my hand and waved back, stepping into the car, shutting the door behind myself. Then it pulled away from the curb to merge with the other traffic and leave Kaat behind.

My heart ached at the thought of leaving her behind. I had already been apart from her and I knew that I didn't want to experience that again. It was painful and I knew that with tours there was no telling when I was going to get a break to call let alone see Kaat. I made my decision right there in the town car on 5th Avenue.

"Turn the car around! Go back, please!" I pleaded with the driver and he did as I commanded.

I knew I wasn't prepared and that there was a possibility that she would say no to my little idea, but it was worth a shot right?