Chapter 23

Jace

"I really like you Kaat, and every day I find new things about you to fall in love with." I looked into Kaat's eyes, completely scared out of my mind.

What had I just said? Ten days, that's how long I've known her, and I'm professing my love to her? I sound like a crazy person.

"Jace-" Kaat started.

"No, Kaat, I'm sorry. I-" I interrupted.

"Sh." Kaat said, putting a finger to my lips to shut me up. "I feel the same way about you. I know it's only been ten days but I feel like I've known you my whole life."

"I do too!" I said, shocked. "It's crazy!"

"Yeah."

I leaned in and kissed Kaat. I placed my hands on both of her cheeks and pulled her face harder against mine. We continue to kiss a few times before Kaat climbs on top of me.

"Wow, really taking the initiative here aren't you?" I said during the break to catch our breath.

"I'm sorry." Kaat blushed, starting to move off of me.

My arms slinked around her waist to keep her where she was.

"Don't be. I like it. It's refreshing to not have to do all the work all the time." I smiled and winked at her. She smiled back at me and let out a tiny laugh.

"Oh yeah? You like it when the woman takes charge?"

"It's refreshing."

"I see."

I smiled, pulling her face to mine and beginning to kiss her again before rolling so I could be on top of her. Kaat's hand went through my hair lightly. My hand traveled down her waist to the space between her lower back and the top of her butt.

I sqeezed her skin lightly and deepened the kiss even further before breaking away and kissing her neck. Kaat moaned, which made me even more ravenous. I nibbled her neck and bottom lip, earning me another moan.

"Kaat, you're killing me here."

"I'm killing you? You're driving me crazy."

I just kissed her again. She sighed and I slid the zipper of my sweatshirt down so I could press my body against hers. And once her skin was pressed to mine, everything started to heat up. After about ten minutes we had to stop and catch our breath.

"Jace, this is amazing and all but I don't think I can continue on the path we're headed. I want to so bad but there is still something holding me back." Kaat breathed.

"I understand and respect that." I said, the mood crushed.

"Thank you. And I'm really sorry..."

"Kaat, don't be sorry. You're not ready. It's ok. I don't mind. Don't worry about my feelings or what I want. I want you to be completely up for it and if it doesn't happen at all while you're here then that's ok with me too. At least I will be with you and that's all I really care about. I just want to be with you."

Kaat got misty eyed and I squeezed her hand.

"Jace, you're too sweet. Thank you for not pressuring me. I'll get there, I just need a little time. I mean we've only known each other for ten days."

"Yeah. So, whenever you get uncomfortable with anything we're doing just let me know and we can stop or slow down. I really like you Kaat and I value what we have."

"I do too. I feel like I've known you my whole life."

"I do too!" I exclaimed. "It's crazy how similar we are."