Chapter 37

Jace

I watched as Kaat dissappeared into her apartment. Once the door was closed behind her I walked back to the car that was waiting at the curb. My phone started to buzz in my pocket and I knew that it was Jackie that was calling. I rolled my eyes. She had surely heard that my plane hadn't taken off already and that I was nowhere to be seen at the airport.

"Yes?" I asked her.

"Where are you Jace Adam John?" Jackie screamed.

"Well hello to you too. And I got held up. I'm picking someone up."

"Jace, you were supposed to be on that plane an hour ago. Who is so important that you have to risk our perfectly planned timetable for?" she asked. Her voice had lowered but not by much.

"My girlfriend."

"Are you fu-" she started before she took a deep breath. "Jace. Please tell me you're joking."

"I'm not. She is coming with me on the tour. And when we have a break in the schedule I will be going to meet her parents, to ask for her hand in marriage."

"What are we in? The eighteenth century? Just ask her to marry you and get your butt on the plane already!"

"No can do. I'm a traditional guy."

"Whatever! Just get on the plane in the next ten minutes or else." she said before she hung up on me.

"Well then." I huffed to myself.

Right at that moment, Kaat came out of her apartment, large dufflebag hanging on her shoulder. I rushed up the stairs and grabbed her suitcase from her while she locked up her front door.

"Thank you." she smiled at me.

I walked back to the car and smacked on the trunk, and the driver popped it open. I dropped her bag inside and slammed it shut. Kaat stepped into the car and I got in on the other side.

"I'm going to need to make some calls before we get on the plane."

"Mm-mm. You can make those after. Your lips are going to be busy with other things." I told her as I inched closer and closer.

I pressed my lips to hers. At first I was doing all the work, she didn't want to comply. But I palmed her cheek and started to kiss her neck. All of a sudden, she grabbed my face and pulled me back to her lips. After a few minutes she unbuckled her seatbelt and climbed onto my lap. I wrapped my arms around her hips as we cruised down the street.

"I figured you probably had your own plane, but the reality of it didn't really hit me until now. Are you sure I can come with you? Are you positive this is ok?" Kaat asked me nervously.

"Kaat, I'm sure that this is more than ok. Jackie is a little pissed that I'm late but it's not the first timeand it definitely wont be the last."

"Oh yes it will be. If I'm going to be with you, you're going to need to learn to be on time mister." she said in a condemning tone.

I smiled, likeing this take charge version of her. It was kind of turning me on.

"Yes ma'am." I saluted.

She laughed at me and I grabbed her bag from the trunk carrying it over to the flight attendant who whisked it away into the cabin of the plane. I turned back to Kaat who was looking a little hesitant and worried. I held out my hand to her at the edge of the steps leading up to the plane. She looked like she was about to run away.

'Please God, don't let her change her mind.' I prayed silently.

Kaat looked over her shoulders before looking back at me, pointing to herself, and mouthing 'who me?', before smiling her million dollar smile.

I smiled along with her and nodded. She ran as fast as she could in her heels to me and grabbed my hand.

"Ready to go, Ms. Kaatylynn Ann Day?"

"Yes sir, Mr. Jace Adam John." she answered me and we climbed up the stairs, that folded up behind us as the engines started.