Chapter 9

Kaatlynn

Jace starts to lean in closer to me and my mind goes crazy, and starts freezing up at the same time. I close my eyes and he finally closes the gap between us. I know this sounds really cliché especially since I’m a writer, but sparks fly when his lips touch mine. His lips so smooth and tender. He kisses me softly at first and then we start getting into it.

He shoves his hands threw my hair and I slide closer to him on the bench. I press one hand against his chest and the other hand gently traces his jaw. His tongue teases my lips open and he nibbles at my bottom lip. Once I let him in, my stomach starts doing weird things. My insides flip then melt with excitement. Our tongues dance a synchronized dance that only we know.

One of his hands cups my jaw while the other makes small trails up and down my arm. His touch is so electrifying that goose bumps slowly climb my arms. My lips tingle with every kiss. My hands stay in his soft brown hair for a while, then move to his face and chest, and eventually end up on his shoulder blades. We finally break away a few minutes later with my lips feeling puffy. I look into his eyes, and he smiled his adorable half smile. His fingertips kept brushing against my skin very lightly, causing a shiver to run down my spine. I jump a little at the sudden chill.

“Are you cold?” he asked.

“A little, but it’s nothing I cant handle.” I answer, another shiver running down my spine.

One of his eyebrows tilts up as if to say ‘Are you sure you can handle it?’

“I’m seriously fine. It’s your fingertips that are making me shiver.”

He smiled. “Sorry.”

I lean in and initiate a kiss. Now that we had achieved the first kiss, I knew that it was going to be hard to keep to myself. It was even more heated than the first one and Jace place a few quick kisses on my neck. If I had known that this was going to happen then I would have sped up the process yesterday outside of the apartment building or behind the stage. But I was glad that there was a wait. We were taking things at a relatively slow pace considering the time we had.

We broke away after a minute more of kissing and we just looked into each others eyes trying to catch our breath.

After a few more minutes of staring at each other, I turned our attention back to the fountain.

“So how did you find this place?” I ask looking away.

His eyes were doing things to me that I couldn’t handle. I looked over at the beautiful fountain. It was made out of white marble. The water came out of an angels water jug, cascading down the three tears and into the big water basin. When the sun hit it just right, the water looked so pure and clean, gleaming and disguising itself as liquid glass.

“Well,” he started, finally looking away from me and at the fountain, “I was jogging one day and I figured I would take a different route. So I went off the paved trail but I found a path that went through the woods there. I stopped to take a break, took my ear buds out and heard the trickling of water, so I started exploring and stumbled upon this beauty.”

“It really is something. I’m surprised that no one else knows about this place.”

“Some do, but people don’t understand the beauty of the little things anymore.”

“You could say that again.” I said a tad bit bitterly.

I took in a deep breath of the sweet smelling air around me, and sighed. I leaned back against the back of the bench. Jace put his arm around me and I moved closer to him. Our legs touched, sending electricity through my body, and I rested my head on his strong shoulder.