Chapter 7

Kaatlynn

I sat on the couch in the guest room, replaying the last forty-five minutes in my head. I couldn't believe that I had just met the one celebrity that I didn't like, and I actually started to have feelings for him. How did it happen? It was like he had a spell over me or something. But I sure had a spell over him, how else would I have been able to get his whole life story out of him?

I liked the little sneak peak I had to his sensitive side. It made him more of a person than a filthy rich celebrity with no brain. He was more like the rest of the world than I could have ever thought. I had always thought that after his fame he had shut out his family. He didn't want anything to do with them. But I was clearly mistaken.

The worst thing I had to come to terms with was that I couldn't tell Naomi about this little meet and greet with the hottest singer. She would have died to know every painstaking detail of the time I met with him.

But along with having to tell her every detail, I would have had to tell her about my feelings toward him. And I wasn't so sure how I felt in the first place. I mean, I felt like there was a connection between us after he shared his story. Even if I hadn't gone through something like that myself, I still felt connected to him somehow. And when we held hands on our walk back to Naomi's apartment, I could feel the sparks between us. Even if he didn't. My stomach was going wild the whole time.

I came out of my thoughts long enough to hear the lock on the front door twist, the door open, and then Naomi's voice.

"Kaat? Hello?" she drawled, her accent heavier than usual.

"Hey, Naomi!' I yelled.

It was seven o' clock. I had been sitting in the chair for two hours and she was early. I stepped out onto the cold, hard, wood floor of the hallway and found her in the little foyer.

"So what did you do while I was working?" she asked almost accusingly.

"Just got some coffee and unpacked my bags." I said leaving out the crucial part. I had coffee with Jace John!

"You and your coffee," she scolded. She smiled and rolled her eyes. "So I was thinking, maybe we could go to an early dinner then go clubbing. There is a new club called Club 28. They always have live artists, it's amazing."

"But we would probably have to wait in a-" I started but Naomi cut in.

"Nope. You forget that I work for a record company. I can cut in front of the line."

Just then, Naomi gave me a wicked smile. One that I had seen many times before when we were in college. It was a look I had grown very afraid of.

Naomi was the daredevil of our little group of friends and for some reason I had ended up staying in contact with her over the others. She would always think of a way to get into a club or get booze even if we were under age.

"But I don't have anything to wear for clubbing." I said making up an excuse that wasn't entirely a lie.

"Well I do. I will dress you and we will be the sexiest girls there!" she said with excitement.

"I don't know. You tend to dress me a little, I don't know, sluttish." I said trying to be nice about it.

"No I don't! Maybe hooker- like, but not like a slut!"

"Is there really a difference?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Yes. One I can't think of off the top of my head, but there's got to be a difference." she nodded her head in a determined fashion.

I sighed at her smile and perfect impersonation of puppy eyes. They had always been hard to turn down.

"Fine, but if I don't like it, I have the right to change."